Pullet sitting down all the time?

6-Hens-and-Me

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2024
Hi folks, I’ve got two new hens, one Easter Egger and a cream legbar the E.E has been laying well, but the Cream Legbar hasn’t yet, but she has been sitting down a lot outside ever since we got her just sitting not on eggs or anything just sitting down whilst everyone else is looking for bugs.
What’s going on?

Hi folks, I’ve got two new hens, one Easter Egger and a cream legbar the E.E has been laying well, but the Cream Legbar hasn’t yet, but she has been sitting down a lot outside ever since we got her just sitting not on eggs or anything just sitting down whilst everyone else is looking for bugs.
What’s going on?
Do you have some pictures of her stance and poop? It would help us to assess what might be amiss.

Do you have some pictures of her stance and poop? It would help us to assess what might be amiss.
IMG_3463.jpeg
IMG_3465.jpeg
IMG_3419.jpeg

No, not at all, she can’t be broody because it’s outside and she hasn’t even layed an egg.
Will she eat and drink normally?

If not, try some scrambled eggs with millet and fine rolled oats and add poultry vitamins containing B complex and E to her water.

Is her tail pointing downwards? If it does she might have problems passing an egg.

A daily tablet of calcium citrate 600 + D3 for 5 days will help with contractions and in case she suffers from calcium or vitamin D3 deficiency.

Last edited:

If not, try some scrambled eggs with millet and fine rolled oats and add poultry vitamins containing B complex and E to her water.

Is her tail pointing downwards? If it does she might have problems passing an egg.

A daily tablet of calcium citrate 600 + D3 for 5 days will help with contractions and in case she suffers from calcium or vitamin D3 deficiency.
Thank you,is this tail pointing down all the time or just sitting?

So her tail is fine, I might take her out in morning an afternoon to get some food as she has an empty crop, and others seem to pick on her a little, she does try to stand up for herself, but sometimes they can get nasty, thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it, anything else you would recommend?

Back
Top Bottom