Puppy in need of a home West Tennessee area

emvickrey

ChowDown Silkie Farm
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Hornbeak, Tennessee
Somebody dropped this puppy off and she has adopted us. I would really like to keep her but we have as much as we can handle. She is great around my chickens. She may sniff and walk away. The only time she EVER chased them is when I was bragging about how well she does with them. She gets along well with all our animals and listens very well. She's not house broken, does very well while getting a bath. She prefers to take her food dish where she wants to eat instead of where you want her to eat. It's really cute and she rarely spills it. lol She is also blind in one eye. She arrived here like that. I'm thinking she's maybe full blooded and they didn't want her because she was blind or maybe a female or both. Who knows why people dump animals. She is not spayed and hasn't had any of her shots. I have wormed her twice and need to do it again. So far she stays out of the road and near the house. We live on a busy road and have lost many animals to it. My grandson named her Rosa. She is full of energy and needs a home where she can get the attention and training she needs. She is very smart and learns fast. She is skiddish to letting people touch her but will stand still to be pettted once she knows thats what she's gonna get. I think she may have been abused. When she arrived she was so sad looking and skinny. She will be a medium sized dog when grown. If you want her you'll have to pick her up. I have her on Craigslist asking for a small rehoming fee of $15 just to make sure that who ever gets her is serious. To fellow BYC'ers there is no rehoming fee.
The pictures where taken today.

You can see it's her right eye thats blind.

If you live nearby I live in Hornbeak. I will travel to meet somebody half way providing it's an hour drive. Only to people that will take her. I can't drive an hour just so somebody can look at her and decide if they want her or not. She arrived around the beginning of October and appeared to be about 8 weeks old at the time So I estimate she is about 4 months old going on 5.

Pm me if interested. I can PM you my cell #

And she COULD get pregnant before you rehome so please spay THEN rehome. Thats whats causing so many homeless dogs/cats is people that "help" them don't bother to spend the little bit to spay/neuter then they multiply. OR if you have a shelter near, its better than letting her get pregnant while she waits Good luck pup!

And she COULD get pregnant before you rehome so please spay THEN rehome. Thats whats causing so many homeless dogs/cats is people that "help" them don't bother to spend the little bit to spay/neuter then they multiply. OR if you have a shelter near, its better than letting her get pregnant while she waits Good luck pup!
If I could afford to pay the $100+ to spay her I could afford to keep her. We take the proper precautions to avoid pregnancy. We normally have the dogs and cats we keep spayed and neutered. The shelter near us kills the animals after a few days. Thats why we still have her here.

I have been there done that and its heartbreaking BUT I take to my closest shelter(and its kill, also, but people won't quit breeding) as I can't attend anymore animals.Then there is no chance of ,instead of 1 dog, in a few weeks you could have 10(and everyone wants to adopt the pups-until they get this size then they are often dumped)I hope someone that will spay her adopts her soon so she doesn't have to have pups. She is very pretty.

She's too young to go in heat still and if she's still here when she does we'll take the proper precautions to prevent pregnancy. We don't want puppies either.

i would love to have her i am going up to gergia for chrismas i may see waht i could do i would love to have her i willtalk further when i figuared it out

i would love to have her i am going up to gergia for chrismas i may see waht i could do i would love to have her i willtalk further when i figuared it out
She will be a great dog when she's grown. She is very smart. She's not crazy about being touched especially by strangers. Once she gets used to her new owners she will let them touch her. I think she may have been abused by the people that dropped her off. If we didn't already have all the animals we can handle I would love to keep her. My grandson named her Rosa. She's been staying outside most of the time and she stays around the house. Just let me know if you can swing the extra mileage to come up here to get her.

Back
Top Bottom