Quail Keeper Brits UNITE πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

Random question. How are you going to breed your birds? Are you going to get a cock and five hens and then keep the original flock and keep the chicks with the fullest breasts for breeding? Just interested. I may be a bit more active in this thread in a year or so because I’m looking in to quail
I will start with a male and at least 3 females while I am using my small run but when I have finished building my big run I will move them in there. Then I will (hopefully) get a broody hen and hatch out some chicks. I will keep the best for breeding and, to put it bluntly, eat whoevers left! I will also occasionaly swap over my male to keep in-breeding to a minimum. This is all an experiment, and no doubt I will be going off plan at some point, but I will see!!!

I will start with a male and at least 3 females while I am using my small run but when I have finished building my big run I will move them in there. Then I will (hopefully) get a broody hen and hatch out some chicks. I will keep the best for breeding and, to put it bluntly, eat whoevers left! I will also occasionaly swap over my male to keep in-breeding to a minimum. This is all an experiment, and no doubt I will be going off plan at some point, but I will see!!!
Good plan. Would recommend five females for every male

I have been keeping quail for two years took while starting have over 20+ I'm feeding them haygates layer but found out its only 19% protein when they need over 20, so adding other seeds like sunflower and pumpkin

Quail breeders are very very hard to find near me (I am in England but not close to you) my recommendation would be to get them off a friend who has quail and has hatched
Go onto UK quail Facebook page loads on their and very helpful too

Back
Top Bottom