Quail not healthy. Don’t know why.

Lowmask2

In the Brooder
Jul 6, 2021
So i have a quail that was bought off a farm a few days ago. And it was fine before but now it suddenly is laying and barely moving. I live in vegas and we kept them outside cause it was cooler lately with plenty of water and food.
CDEB60C7-3242-4031-B998-A1ABB8FC55B7.jpeg

I brought it inside. Fed it water by hand with a needless syringe. But it won’t eat. Its poop was a liquid green color. Not solid like usual.
Any knowledge helps.

How old is she? What are you feeding them? What is your set up like? How many quail do you have?

The liquid green poop is normal for a quail that hasn't been eating.

How old is she? What are you feeding them? What is your set up like? How many quail do you have?

The liquid green poop is normal for a quail that hasn't been eating.
Idk how old exactly cause the person who bought for me didn’t ask the seller. But it should be around a year old. It lives in a rectangular pen outside in the shade. With a water and feeder filled daily. In that pen is a total of 9. The others are healthy and running around and eating.
This one was found laying alone usually. And today i found him sideways barely moving. Which is why i took him out and took him inside where its cool.

What are you feeding her? How large is your pen? I would start with some Nutri-drench or Save-a-chick to get some nutrition into her. Have you checked her for injuries? If this one has usually been laying alone, it may have been on the decline for a while.

Is a vet an option?

Back
Top Bottom