Justy0

Songster
6 Years
Mar 28, 2014
I just put 6 of my Coturnix quail's eggs into the bator today. Last year I tried with 24 shipped eggs and only got 1 hatch. But this year I am pretty excited to have my own quails laying fertile eggs!!! Not sure how high the fertility rates are but we shall find out! I also have a friend who wants to lend me her incubator so I will be doing at least two groups at the same time. I might even add a few more in to the cycle and just move them to whichever incubator isn't in lockdown at the time.

Anyway this is for all us quail lovers whether you are hatching your own or just want to see our updates, please join me on my hatch-a-long journey!

Well I candled my first batch on day 3 yesterday. There were a few eggs that looked like they had some development but I couldn't see much and no confirmed veins. I am thinking by tomorrow that will change so I will keep you updated. Meanwhile yesterday I put in a second batch of the Pharaoh eggs and my tuxedos finally started laying so I will probably put in a couple of their eggs tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom