Quail Sweeties Hatch Along!

@TwoCrows @wrathsfarm @GirlsHuntToo
@Chive

:lau Ya'll, thank you for joining but all the names I listed are birds that already exist in my covey. I'll edit the post and make it more clear because I obviously confused everyone. Please let me know what you guys want to change the names to!

Also, @GirlsHuntToo - #10 is already taken!

Last edited:
#22 - Hedgehog

We eat those here!

What’s hedgehog slice?​

Hedgehog slice is one of Australia’s most popular sweet treats. It’s very similar to chocolate fridge cake or Tiffin in the UK.

I know what you’re thinking. I’m not sure I’m interested in a sweet treat named after an animal – a prickly one at that.

In fact it’s more than a little baffling why this is called a hedge hog slice at all, since hedgehogs aren’t even found in Australia. Maybe the inside very slightly resembles the bristles of a hedgehog? Or maybe not. But you have to admit it’s a cute name for a yummy sweet treat!

View attachment 3809960
How to make it!
Ooo, this looks delicious! Thank you for sharing, I've never heard of a hedgehog slice!

Also, we're on day 9 today! I'm not going to candle daily because...well, I already dropped an egg yesterday, plus quail eggs are notoriously hard to candle. I'll put them on lockdown on day 14 and they should be hatching around day 17. They absolutely hatch like popcorn - one minute they're zipping, the next they're out!

@TwoCrows @wrathsfarm @GirlsHuntToo
@Chive

:lau Ya'll, thank you for joining but all the names I listed are birds that already exist in my covey. I'll edit the post and make it more clear because I obviously confused everyone. Please let me know what you guys want to change the names to!

Also, @GirlsHuntToo - #10 is already taken!
Ah, sorry! I didn't read it well enough. :lau

How about Marzipan?

Back
Top Bottom