question about meat birds

Status
Not open for further replies.
they will act like they are starving....don't fall for them....they are fine. They are pigs when it comes to food but with time they will learn to search for bugs, eat grass, dust, and scratch. They will search for food just fine and keep those joints in their legs healthy.

Mine are so bad...they will literally lay down in front of the feeder and still eat!
roll.png
It's kind of like your dog laying down and eating with the bowl between their paws. I'd never seen chickens do that until I got my broilers.​

Quote:
But then again that doesn't apply to everyone but probably the majority, my wife and I prefer a leaner bird that is tougher and not high in fat or soft meat, but each to there own. My wife will tell me meat chicken bone soft and not hard.

Yeah, they are soft, any bird at 8 weeks is soft, my mom keeps asking me if we can eat the silkies yet! She wants to make some herb soup again. She wants the one hen, but shes off limits. I have 3 leghorn roos comming up on 3 months she can have though. Meat birds are too soft to cook up in herb soup she says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom