Question of the Day - Sunday, January 28th, 2024

But outside of China and some metro/port cities, how much Mandarin will you run into?
There are a couple of reasons.

1. Instant translator jobs in hundreds of markets that have dealings with China in any way.
2. Not having to deal with those terrible translations from Mandarin to English in all those consumable goods we all enjoy. Especially all of our tech.

Case in point:
Screenshot 2024-01-27 120306.png

...The what now? FWIW, This is a portable vacuum sealer manual.

Am I likely to encounter it in Rural America? The odds are very low. Would it allow for more job opportunities? Probably very likely. I'm sure not going to do it for the fun.

1. Instant translator jobs in hundreds of markets that have dealings with China in any way.
2. Not having to deal with those terrible translations from Mandarin to English in all those consumable goods we all enjoy. Especially all of our tech.

Case in point:
View attachment 3735893

Am I likely to encounter it in Rural America? The odds are very low. Would it allow for more job opportunities? Probably very likely. I'm sure not going to do it for the fun.
What part of suck mouth don't you understand?

Case in point:
View attachment 3735893

But but but, "removable suck mouth" is much more fun😁

Hey, it's Brian Kibler!

(Edit: Yes, I know, it's Kyle Hill. It only makes sense if you know anything about the Magic: The Gathering community)
My kids are both fluent in Magic, since I used to take them to Books A Million when they were little. Early 90s. Younger son had his flight to a foreign country paid by the company so he could be there to play. They are both good at it.

Back
Top Bottom