Question of the Day - Wednesday, April 24th, 2024

Coldest was probably in the single digit negatives, hottest would be around 120 feels like, it was probably only in the one teens but that humidity really makes it much worse.

-23F wind chill -45F Des Moines in January.

Hottest?

This is "normal summer"

20230719_155536(1).jpg

I think my hottest ever is 123F

IDK. Coldest was probably mid to upper teens. Hottest* was probably 100+ with humidity.

*Also a summer traveling through the DSW. Might have been 98, might have been 117. I don't remember. I do remember Phoenix having the hottest damn asphalt my feet have ever felt.

IDK. Coldest was probably mid to upper teens. Hottest* was probably 100+ with humidity.

*Also a summer traveling through the DSW. Might have been 98, might have been 117. I don't remember. I do remember Phoenix having the hottest damn asphalt my feet have ever felt.
Now you know why I wear sandals all year.

Did you just say you wear sandals all year? Well, I do. I wear barefeet where possible and sandals almost everywhere else.
Down here we wear western or work boots all day because if the blazing asphalt doesn't getcha the Medicago polymorpha will. Theres also pit vipers, fire ants, scorpions, ticks, parasites, brown recluse spiders, and broken beer bottles to watch out for. Sandals don't cut it because you're going to get bit or impaled right in the exposed foot.

Back
Top Bottom