Question of the Day - Wednesday, May 8th, 2024

I was homeschooled, so mostly sandwiches. When I was younger, my mom would broil bread with cheese on top, which was really good. I think she stopped that when she forgot about it one day and it caught on fire. :gig

I was homeschooled, so mostly sandwiches. When I was younger, my mom would broil bread with cheese on top, which was really good. I think she stopped that when she forgot about it one day and it caught on fire. :gig
oh no!!

she must be a scared chicken now!:lau

I was a sack-lunch-er until high school. It was always bologna and cheese or peanut butter with plain chips and an apple. We had an open campus in HS so once I had friends who could drive we'd hit whatever we wanted as long as we could get back before lunch was over (or if we were late we'd bring a food bribe for the security guards to not tardy us).

Frosh. year (before I had friends who drove basically), it was usually either a cheeseburer and fries or chicken strip basket. They were both like 3 bucks with a soda.

Today's question is from @tripletfeb:

It's been so long. It was probably something like spaghetti.
Thanks for picking mine! My favorite was the chicken patty with fries and choco chip cookie. And in highschool, my sister was pregnant so me and the other triplet always gave our lunch money to the prego one so she had enough to eat. We usually got a Snickers icecream bar. That was way before the USDA came and screwed everything up
When was that? I have seen videos from the ‘50’s where they served school lunch, but you had to pay for it. :confused:
Kids still have to pay for their lunch, unless they qualify for a free lunch

The cafeteria always offered baked potatoes every day in case kids didn't like the menu item of the day . . . which meant from 1st through 6th grade I ate a baked potato every day, five days a week throughout the school year. I quit eating lunch in middle school and high school because the number of people in the cafeteria made me too anxious.

The cafeteria always offered baked potatoes every day in case kids didn't like the menu item of the day . . . which meant from 1st through 6th grade I ate a baked potato every day, five days a week throughout the school year. I quit eating lunch in middle school and high school because the number of people in the cafeteria made me too anxious.
That's a lot of potatoes.

Real food cooked in the lunchroom kitchen when I was a student, one fav of mine was a hotdish of mac, burger and tomatoes served with cottage cheese. it was good.

Back
Top Bottom