And if it brings you tears
Then taste them as they fall
And let them soften your heart

And if it brings you laughter
Then throw your head back
And let it go, let it go, yeah
You gotta let it go
And listen to your heartbeat, yeah

Hey everyone, I finally have news. I got a letter from the hospital this morning, telling me I had to be at the hospital (2 hours away and it snowed last night) THIS MORNING. I made it… just in time! I met with a lovely doctor and nurse who took turns to discuss my results, prognosis, next steps, etc with me in detail. They were amazing, both of them, took their time discussing everything with me, answering questions, explaining everything. They also gave me a booklet on cancer and all the issues surrounding a diagnosis, which I honestly wish I had weeks ago. It was reassuring to see my erratic mental state over the last few weeks was completely normal.

The doctor told me things are looking good. He would like to do the next surgery on Tuesday and I agreed on that. So on Monday I need to go in for a radioactive dye scan, etc. Tuesday back for the surgery, two incisions this time, one to remove more tissue from the affected site as preventative and some lymph node removal from (most likely) my armpit. I've very mixed feelings about that one, but it's for the best. We're on the home stretch
smile.png

Last edited:
I received this in a email this morning and thought I would share it here...

When I was younger, some people were convinced that if you played rock albums backwards and they were subliminally trying to corrupt the youth!" Nowadays, people reserve their paranoia for other things just as silly, but at least we've gotten better at the whole backwards message thing. Below is a seemingly straight forward, relatively depressing poem about many people's perspective on life. It reads:

Today was the absolute worst day ever
And don't try to convince me that
There's something good in every day
Because, when you take a closer look,
This world is a pretty evil place.
Even if
Some goodness does shine through once in a while
Satisfaction and happiness don't last.
And it's not true that
It's all in the mind and heart
Because
True happiness can be attained
Only if one's surroundings are good
It's not true that good exists
I'm sure you can agree that
The reality
Creates
My attitude
It's all beyond my control
And you'll never in a million years hear me say
Today was a very good day.

Ever feel like that? Now read from bottom to top.
Truth and goodness is revealed by the direction you see things; your point of view. Be sure when you look at your life, you see it from God's perspective. It just might change our attitudes.

Back
Top Bottom