Quotes and Thoughts for the Day

H
Hello Tricia :)
:hugs

Edit: I think I spelled Tricia wrong the first time :/
Hey it doesn't matter how you spelled it! How's life Sam?

Yep! Its been along day.

10/4

Saying nite...

Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing. ~Harriet Braiker

Certain flaws are necessary for the whole. It would seem strange if old friends lacked certain quirks. ~Goethe

A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault. ~John Henry Newman

Sometimes... when you hold out for everything, you walk away with nothing.

Use what talent you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best. ~Author unknown

Ideals are like stars; you will not succeed in touching them with your hands. But like the seafaring man on the desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them you will reach your destiny. ~Carl Schurz

Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without. ~Confucius, Analects

When you aim for perfection, you discover it's a moving target. ~George Fisher

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

A good garden may have some weeds. ~Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732

Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence. ~Vince Lombardi

When nobody around you seems to measure up, it's time to check your yardstick. ~Bill Lemley

Try as hard as we may for perfection, the net result of our labors is an amazing variety of imperfectness. We are surprised at our own versatility in being able to fail in so many different ways. ~Samuel McChord Crothers

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything,
That's how the light gets in.
~Leonard Cohen

Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Only you are truly good, Father, but I pray that some of that goodness may be seen in me and in your Church as we serve you today, this week, and until the time the Savior returns for us in glory. Help us to be aware of and to look for the opportunities that you give us to do good to and for others. In Jesus' mighty name I pray Amen

Good morning WB, hope you're day is a wonderful one!

How's that little guy, Alex, doing?

Back
Top Bottom