Rabbit: auto water/feeder system

Hope Hughes

Crossing the Road
7 Years
Apr 1, 2017
North FL
My Coop
My Coop
Does anyone have any auto food/water systems? I have been on the hunt for good metal Gravity fed water bowls that can be hooked to a water line system..i dont like the nipple systems since Rabbits drink by lapping water. I have found SMALL bowls on Amazon but they are just way too small for their faces to get into them.

I am looking to hook them up kinda like this system just not with the nipples.

Screenshot_20220828-133310_Chrome.jpg

*this is not my photo taken from Google*

I am Just looking to see if any handy people may have come up with a DIY system or cheats on a bowl system. I know there are bigger bowls with the nipples inside of them but readinf about them, people state their buns have issues/injuries pushing it in for water.

I want a continuous water system that is gravity fed for here in Florida. It just gets way too hot for the buns to not have it.

Thanks in advance.

Look for the auto fill metal dog bowls. I use one for my goats, gravity fed (connects to a hose).

Like this

/edit and I use nipples, or will, as soon as I figure out where I misplaced them. Everything is plumbed, just need to screw in the nipples and hope it works. Filling bowls by hand, daily.

Last edited:
Rabbits do fine with the nipple waterers. I think that is what are used in commercial rabbitries. You might go online and find a rabbit supplier and see what they offer. I have found plans on how to build automatic water systems for rabbits on the internet. At one time I was doing some research on building a small rabbitry. I wanted to get some Florida Whites to breed and show. Then COVID hit and that was that.

Back
Top Bottom