rabbit hutch size

Raccoon lady

Songster
Apr 2, 2022
I will be starting a small mini rex breeding program and was wondering how many hutches i need and what size. i will probably get a trio or pair. these will also be pets. Also, any pictures of your rabbit setup would be great!

I will be starting a small mini rex breeding program and was wondering how many hutches i need and what size. i will probably get a trio or pair. these will also be pets. Also, any pictures of your rabbit setup would be great!

I built hutches that were about 3 ft long, 36" wide with an 18" cubby for them to get out of the weather. They are about 24" high so they have room to stretch. Hope this helps.

20200607_105220.jpg

20200607_105336.jpg

I bought this hutch of CL. It originally was a 4 hutch unit but O took out two center dividers to make it a two hutch one for my breeder doe's.

20200607_105339.jpg

My hutches for harlequin and mini lops were about 24 inches by 24 inches. But with mini Rex, you'll need solid floors since their feet are way more sensitive to sore hocks

I will be starting a small mini rex breeding program and was wondering how many hutches i need
You will need one hutch for each adult doe, one for each adult buck, one for each bunny you intend to keep, and at least one or two more for when you wean litters (until you sell them, butcher them, or separate them into individual cages as they get a little older.)

My floors are all wire because at first I had a wood floor in thier hidy hole but of course they wanted to use that area to go potty. My doe started getting urine burn on her feet. I took out the wood and got them resting pads fron binnyrabbit.com to use. Easy to disinfect and no more urine burn.

Back
Top Bottom