rabbit toys

autumn11

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 17, 2011
Waynesville
I have 3 new zealand rabbits.they have a nice fence in yard but they still want to get out i think toys will help what kind of things do rabbits like to play with.

Digging out is what rabbits do. If you want to keep rabbits in your yard, you need to bury fence wire deeply enough that they won't tunnel under it.

digging out is not what they do i got some fence that is not welded one of them unwraped it to get out. They are very smart. I fixed the escape problem. I just don't want them to want to leave

You can give them places to hide, and you can give them things to chew on, but everyone who keeps rabbits in pens has to be constantly vigilant to prevent escapes. Of course, this works both ways, as any place a rabbit can get out is also a place a predator can get in.
wink.png

This isn't about the rabbits "running away." Unless the secured area is several acres in size, whatever pen you have for them is bound to be smaller than the territory over which a rabbit would range in the wild. The rabbit is simply responding to a drive to establish territory, and no playthings will override that.

Last edited:
We have 2 holland lops. Since they are small, they are housed inside our house. They are trained to stay in the kitchen and potty trained as well(which completely took me by surprise they were trainable). They are the kids pets and the kids set up obstacle courses for them in the kitchen. The rabbits are taken out daily for play time. If the kids are too busy, I take them out to play for a few hours each.

We tried putting rabbit toys and they are completely uninterested. They do like the to chew on treats. The treats they have last a while and have wood under them. Both bunnies are housed in separate xl kennels since they both are bucks. We are getting them fixed, so playtime can be together hopefully. Right now playtime is separate. We taken the toys out and we put chew treats, a box to hide in or chew and they both love the obstacle course.

I don't have a hutch or extra run for them outside. We do take them outside for play on a harness both summer and winter.

The bunnies are really neat to watch. They love to jump up and do flips in the air. They love to sprawl out when resting. They are pretty tame and love our attention.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom