Rainbow Chicken Breed - Available

laurie9503

Chirping
Jun 27, 2011
Are you familiar with the RAINBOW Chicken. I just became acquainted at a new barn where my horse is boarding. I've fallen in love with them. They grow fast, are friendly, beautiful and excellent layers. Even the roosters are friendly. The feather pattern is unique and comes in a variety, no two birds are alike, similar to Ameraucana in how they are a blend of colors together. There are an over-abundance of boys at this barn. They are 6 months old so just becoming roosters. So if you would like to have a RAINBOW rooster to breed with your hens, or a RAINBOW rooster and hen together, let me know. These are not common chickens. We are in Stillwater, Minnesota.

Attachments

• IMG_6638.JPG
    IMG_6638.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_6629.JPG
    IMG_6629.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_6624.JPG
    IMG_6624.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_6660.JPG
    IMG_6660.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6659.JPG
    IMG_6659.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_6654.JPG
    IMG_6654.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_6656.JPG
    IMG_6656.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 113
I'm thinking these are probably Dixie Rainbows? They are definitely a pretty type of chicken :)

the feather pattern is unique and comes in a variety, no two birds are alike, similar to Ameraucana

I think you're thinking of Easter Eggers. True, purebred ameraucanas come in very specific colors :)

Are you familiar with the RAINBOW Chicken. I just became acquainted at a new barn where my horse is boarding. I've fallen in love with them. They grow fast, are friendly, beautiful and excellent layers. Even the roosters are friendly. The feather pattern is unique and comes in a variety, no two birds are alike, similar to Ameraucana in how they are a blend of colors together. There are an over-abundance of boys at this barn. They are 6 months old so just becoming roosters. So if you would like to have a RAINBOW rooster to breed with your hens, or a RAINBOW rooster and hen together, let me know. These are not common chickens. We are in Stillwater, Minnesota.
I have one, just like your second to last image. She is the only one of this breed in my flock of seven and I cannot figure out which eggs are hers!! Do you have pics of the eggs from your rainbow hens?

Back
Top Bottom