Raising baby chicks from hatcheries

Awtdaniel05

Songster
Apr 3, 2019
New Mexico
I recently got my cackle hatchery surprise box in the mail. In that box I received 41 chickens, 3 ducks, and 3 turkeys. They are now 5 weeks old and I have only lost 2 so far. I have them in a chicken tractor, they are old enough I can tell their breed and gender. The cackle hatchery surprise box costs $80 and you get all types of breeds and genders of poultry.

Nice!
Be sure the ducks get the extra niacin they need, though. They'll also need a water source they can dip their heads in up to about their eyes. And keep an eye on the turkeys to be sure they don't bully the others when they get bigger than the rest.
They are doing great the ducks have their own dish that they drink out of and the turkeys aren’t bullies to any of the others. Thanks for the heads up.

Hi, just curious how long shipment took?
I am expecting a cackle surprise to ship out May 1st. I am assuming they should arrive May 3rd.
I specifically requested no waterfowl in the order, as I am really not equipped/or knowledgeable about them.
I am crossing my fingers that I didn't make a mistake, and end up with more than 60% of them being roosters!!

Hi, just curious how long shipment took?
I am expecting a cackle surprise to ship out May 1st. I am assuming they should arrive May 3rd.
I specifically requested no waterfowl in the order, as I am really not equipped/or knowledgeable about them.
I am crossing my fingers that I didn't make a mistake, and end up with more than 60% of them being roosters!!
It took 2 days to arrive from when they shipped it. It shipped on A Wednesday and arrived on a Friday morning

Ok, thanks. It made me a little nervous that they were shipping out in the middle of the week.
I was hoping for a Monday ship date, however I am sure they will be here by Friday.
Also any idea how many females to male ratio you got?

Back
Top Bottom