RARE FREE COCKERELS FOR EGG COLOR BREEDING- BC Maran, Swedish Isbar (aka Silverudds Blue), Heritage Wellsummer, Sage Egger

wat_da_cluck

Chirping
Apr 18, 2020
SW Connecticut
Hello! I lost the gender lottery big time (only 2/10 pullets) - and can't keep 10 roos for 5 hens. All are UNVACCINATED from Alchemist Farm in California. Alchemist is the gold standard for free range, sustainable, organic, chicken-centered breeding chickens. Anyway the 2 Black Copper Marans are guaranteed to carry genes 6+ on the color chart - so if you want to breed chocolate eggs they are your best bet. As you know the Swedish Isbar (silverudd's blue) is a very rare heritage breed, the Heritage Welsummer Alchemist line is beautiful and carries the speckled brown egg gene, and the 2021 Sage egger (Alchemist line) females lay a sage speckled egg. I paid $25+ for each ungendered. Plus shipping and handling. For anyone interested in breeding chickens for egg color or need new blood into their heritage breeding program - let me know! I will drop off within 35 miles of Darien, CT or you can pick up. They are 4 weeks now, available for pick up anytime after June 8th (6 weeks then).

Hello! I lost the gender lottery big time (only 2/10 pullets) - and can't keep 10 roos for 5 hens. All are UNVACCINATED from Alchemist Farm in California. Alchemist is the gold standard for free range, sustainable, organic, chicken-centered breeding chickens. Anyway the 2 Black Copper Marans are guaranteed to carry genes 6+ on the color chart - so if you want to breed chocolate eggs they are your best bet. As you know the Swedish Isbar (silverudd's blue) is a very rare heritage breed, the Heritage Welsummer Alchemist line is beautiful and carries the speckled brown egg gene, and the 2021 Sage egger (Alchemist line) females lay a sage speckled egg. I paid $25+ for each ungendered. Plus shipping and handling. For anyone interested in breeding chickens for egg color or need new blood into their heritage breeding program - let me know! I will drop off within 35 miles of Darien, CT or you can pick up. They are 4 weeks now, available for pick up anytime after June 8th (6 weeks then).
I'm sorry you had bad luck! Do you have pics of them?

I'm sorry you had bad luck! Do you have pics of them?
YES - Attaching a few, they are 4.5 weeks at moment - so peak ugliness. Wellsummer is not pictured - prettiest of the bunch at moment (and big!) but also hardest to catch

IMG_0249.jpeg IMG_0243.jpeg IMG_0237.jpeg IMG_0241.jpeg

Hi! I'm in New Canaan and just ordered some Black Copper Marans from Alchemist farm. I'm curious how you like your BCM and Welsummers from them?

You can cross a welsummer rooster to a barred rock and pick out the best black barred cockerel they hatch out (you only need one) Breed him back to a welsummer hen to recreate a rare breed called Welbars. Their chicks will be Welbars.

Back
Top Bottom