Raw Apple Cider Vinegar

urban hen momma

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 17, 2011
Tacoma, WA
I have read from different sources how much and when to put raw acv in water for chickens. My question is how much does everyone put in water for chicks and do you add it all the time or do you follow the once a month for a week method?

Currently I have been giving my 3 week old chicks one tbs per gallon... thanks!

pop.gif

Quote:
I have tried both and found that the raw apple cider vinegar (such as Braggs) did a better job with less used. The waterers stayed cleaner. I beleive it has to do with the "mother" part of the raw product vs the plain product. I hope this helps.

Quote:
Thanks so much, livenwpeeps. I'm off to get more Braggs since I just ran out. Now, if only I can remember which grocery store carried it.

Someone else mentioned they bought it at Kroger. We don't have a local Kroger so I bought it at GNC.

FYI, you can make the "good" kind yourself.
smile.png

Get a bottle of Bragg's or other unpasteurized ACV. Get a gallon of the cheap stuff at the grocery store.

Take a cup of the cheap stuff out of the gallon bottle (and make salad dressing
wink.png
). Shake the Bragg's up VERY well and add a cup of the Bragg's to the gallon bottle.

Cover tightly and put the gallon bottle in a dark closet or cabinet.

In 30 days, you have a bottle of the "good" stuff. You can seed future gallons of cheap stuff using this as well.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom