Recessive Red eyed cinnamon/silver guineas (New pics)

Quote:
What are you referring to? The fluffed feathers? They shook thier feathers at the time of the photo, I have never lost an adult guinea thus far (to disease)..... thanks for your concern though
roll.png

Mine shake their feathers and get all fluffed like that frequntly too... especially after a good deep dustbath. It's almost like they were primping real quick before the photoshoot and didn't get their hair all fixed in time
lol.png
I actually see that as a sign of a healthy bird, one that cares how it's feathers look and feel, and it preens itself regularly
wink.png

And then I have some total camera ham birds that like to pose for the camera... lol
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l589/PeepsCA/MsgBoardPics/2011ChocWingFan.jpg

I want that guinea!!!!! Stunning!!!!

Quote:
Well my understanding is they are recessive, (plus two of my friends have had the same view) My first cinnamon cock was put with pearl hens...... and all keets produced roughly 25, were pearl males and females, if sexlinked, all hens would be cinnamon and all cocks pearl split cinnamon. Very curious about ozguineas birds, as his are sexlinked? Maybe we should get together on this and work out what we have.... if we have another line of cinnamons here in Oz, thats fantastic!!!

Quote:
Mine shake their feathers and get all fluffed like that frequntly too... especially after a good deep dustbath. It's almost like they were primping real quick before the photoshoot and didn't get their hair all fixed in time
lol.png
I actually see that as a sign of a healthy bird, one that cares how it's feathers look and feel, and it preens itself regularly
wink.png

And then I have some total camera ham birds that like to pose for the camera... lol
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l589/PeepsCA/MsgBoardPics/2011ChocWingFan.jpg

How 'bout we trade, my Chocolate Hen for one of your Cinnamon Hens?!?! (I wish!)

Quote:
Oh wow, the Creams are fully pearled birds... wasn't expecting that. They look like they are in the dark color range of a (US) Buff Dundotte (or what I consider Cinnamons in my flocks).

Thanks for the link! Now I know what a Cream looks like!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:

How 'bout we trade, my Chocolate Hen for one of your Cinnamon Hens?!?! (I wish!)

Yeah me too!!!! Just a random Q, do you guys have skye blue pieds?

bemba, I'm not exactly sure what you guys consider a Sky Blue down there, but a Sky Blue over here is a blue bird with no pearling on it at all, not even bars on the wings or pearling in the flank area. I don't have any non-pearled Guineas in my breeding flocks (yet), only fully-pearled and partially-pearled birds. I did hatch 2 Pied Powder Blue keets from one breeding flock this year tho... They have turned out to both be males. I was hoping for a pair, but oh well
hmm.png
I'll add them to the mix for next season and see if they contribute anything new to the hatches.

This is one of my Pied Powder Blues, from a couple months back while he was still feathering out and looking a little rough. I need to get new pics of them, they look much better
PiedPowderBlue.jpg

I have lots of Coral Blues and 1 Lite Blue, and a couple Opalines (all are partially-pearled colors over here), and then I have tons of Lavenders, Lite Lavenders and a few Porcelains (all fully-pearled) lots are even Pied... so I have a lot of "blue" in my flocks, I just don't have Sky Blue

Quote:
Very nice!!!! So the non powder sky blues are the colour of the skye? I might have to move to America soon I think..... I love all the mutations you guys have.... Peafowl, guineas etc and the Call ducks
droolin.gif
And yes I'll be sure to smuggle in some of our cinnamons
wink.png

Quote:
What are you referring to? The fluffed feathers? They shook thier feathers at the time of the photo, I have never lost an adult guinea thus far (to disease)..... thanks for your concern though
roll.png

I hope they are ok, have you wormed them?

Back
Top Bottom