Recommendation for hemp bedding

GmarBite

In the Brooder
Apr 20, 2024
Maine
Hello

Can anyone recommend a brand for your hemp bedding? I guess I’m looking for a good price quality and good quantity if that is even possible. Been searching the web and there’s tons out there and find some expensive. There are weed shops all over where I live in Maine so I was thinking maybe there is a place local that could be making it. Or maybe in bulk to save money?

I have read/thought about hemp in lieu of straw in nest boxes; recently rebuilt my nest boxes to be roll away and now use artificial grass (deep bedding using pine chips in coop).

I searched for something affordable but with shipping too much. Then I went to a farm show and found it "down the road a bit" so at least I can tolerate the raw cost.

However, not sure what I might use it for.

I tried the Eaton Pet and Pasture because I was tired of all the dust from the pine shavings, I won't try it again! It doesn't seem to absorb anything, and is so lightweight it gets everywhere, I'm just not a fan.

I tried the Eaton Pet and Pasture because I was tired of all the dust from the pine shavings, I won't try it again! It doesn't seem to absorb anything, and is so lightweight it gets everywhere, I'm just not a fan.

The stuff I'm using is reasonably priced compared to the rest but it's "crumble" which seems different from the Easton. Eaton seems like a cross between woodchips and hay. I'm going to stick with Hurdz Hemp happy chicken crumble, for now no odor in the room my chicks are. at least not poop, just the smell of the bedding.

The stuff I'm using is reasonably priced compared to the rest but it's "crumble" which seems different from the Easton. Eaton seems like a cross between woodchips and hay. I'm going to stick with Hurdz Hemp happy chicken crumble, for now no odor in the room my chicks are. at least not poop, just the smell of the bedding.
So it's processed into pellets like wood stove pellets are?

Back
Top Bottom