Redesigning our coop!

Scareab

Songster
Dec 13, 2019
Dallas Texas
I'm very excited to start redesigning our old prefab coop since it is not ideal for the Texas weather. The biggest downfall was how the coop would turn into an oven during the summers due to the poor ventilation. My family and I pondered whether we want a dog or chickens again and we just love the feathered friends and feel like we can do better by them!
Inspiration: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/my-renovated-prefab-coop.1440258/
We are also going to be installing solar powered fans along with ventilation and a wireless thermomotor for us to track the temperature from our phones. Basically, a complete flip! I will keep updating of the progress and any suggestions are more than welcomed! Growing gardens and keeping up with the chickens have always been a joy with a bit more experience and time to prep we will be ready by the fall for some new baby chicks! We are thinking about getting a buff orpington and a easter egger!

Yes, I love my CP open air coops. In the process (still - 8 months after covid not back to same shape yet, longer work hours) of rebuilding 2 that have had the treated wood bases rot out. That's ok, chickens doing great on what I have w/ open air tractors!

Let me help you. These are pix of coop posted by

cute chicks here

I just corrected the orientation :highfive:
chickscoop.jpg
chicksnewpart.jpg
chicksnewcoop1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm very excited to start redesigning our old prefab coop since it is not ideal for the Texas weather. The biggest downfall was how the coop would turn into an oven during the summers due to the poor ventilation. My family and I pondered whether we want a dog or chickens again and we just love the feathered friends and feel like we can do better by them!
Inspiration: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/my-renovated-prefab-coop.1440258/
We are also going to be installing solar powered fans along with ventilation and a wireless thermomotor for us to track the temperature from our phones. Basically, a complete flip! I will keep updating of the progress and any suggestions are more than welcomed! Growing gardens and keeping up with the chickens have always been a joy with a bit more experience and time to prep we will be ready by the fall for some new baby chicks! We are thinking about getting a buff orpington and a easter egger!
Sounds like your chicks will have a life of luxury

Back
Top Bottom