Relocate eggs the day before hatch?

RaeElizabeth

Songster
May 3, 2020
My father’s health is rapidly declining and I have to leave for my home state immediately. I had eggs in lockdown the day before hatch day and we decided the best option was to relocate them to my friend’s home down the road about 3 minutes. I took out the eggs, packed them as quickly and safely as possible, and we drove them over and put them back in the incubators. They weren’t out for more than 10 minutes, but I heard some peeping as we drove. None had pipped externally yet.

It was an insane move. But I really had no other option.

Do we think they’ll be ok? 😖

My father’s health is rapidly declining and I have to leave for my home state immediately. I had eggs in lockdown the day before hatch day and we decided the best option was to relocate them to my friend’s home down the road about 3 minutes. I took out the eggs, packed them as quickly and safely as possible, and we drove them over and put them back in the incubators. They weren’t out for more than 10 minutes, but I heard some peeping as we drove. None had pipped externally yet.

It was an insane move. But I really had no other option.

Do we think they’ll be ok? 😖
So sorry about your dad. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Did the eggs get cold?

So sorry about your dad. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Did the eggs get cold?

They did not. They were still warm, wrapped in foam and insulated packing in a box and the trip was quick. I am guessing it was about 10 minutes total. And the units were still at 90+ degrees when they went back in because I closed them back up during transport. It was as quick and careful as it could possibly be.

They did not. They were still warm, wrapped in foam and insulated packing in a box and the trip was quick. I am guessing it was about 10 minutes total. And the units were still at 90+ degrees when they went back in because I closed them back up during transport. It was as quick and careful as it could possibly be.
They were probably fine.

They should be totally fine.
Eggs have amazed me with just how tough they are.
You might just want to ask your friend to keep a bit more of an eye on them, as if the eggs got repositioned in the move it might make it slight harder for them to hatch.
I'm sorry to hear about your dad :hugs

Back
Top Bottom