Removing Keets from Incubator

sunnychooks

Songster
12 Years
Jul 21, 2007
NJ
This is my first attempt at hatching guinea keets. When I hatch chickens I normally leave the incubator closed until 2 - 3 days after the first chick has hatched. I've read that the keets need to be removed as soon as they're dry, but how do you do that without losing the humidity?
I have a Sportsman 1500, so in order to remove the keets I need to open the entire front of the incubator and slide the hatching tray out.
Any suggestions?

This is my first attempt at hatching guinea keets. When I hatch chickens I normally leave the incubator closed until 2 - 3 days after the first chick has hatched. I've read that the keets need to be removed as soon as they're dry, but how do you do that without losing the humidity?
I have a Sportsman 1500, so in order to remove the keets I need to open the entire front of the incubator and slide the hatching tray out.
Any suggestions?
I have hatched Many of them----they stay in until 1 day after their hatch date unless all hatch before---usually day 28. BUT you do not have to follow what I do. I usually hatch about 95 to 100% of good eggs.

Thank you for your speedy reply.
You said your hatches normally occur on Day 28 but I've read that lockdown should be on Day 23. That seems like an awfully long time for lockdown.
What day do you set the eggs?

Thank you for your speedy reply.
You said your hatches normally occur on Day 28 but I've read that lockdown should be on Day 23. That seems like an awfully long time for lockdown.
What day do you set the eggs?
No you read that wrong----that's the day I usually open the incubator to remove the hatched---usually a day after the last ones hatch. Unless All have hatched, then I open it after they dry some.

Back
Top Bottom