I always know it's officially Spring when a copperhead shows up outside my garage door! I love the camouflage on these guys.

1000014565.jpg

Wow I haven't been to the BYC forums in a while...

I had to put my 19-year-old cornsnake Noodle to sleep back in August. He had a presumed kidney tumor that was big enough to put pressure on his GI tract and not allow passage of anything.

Later in the month I got two baby corns (because it'll take two snakes to fill the Noodle-shaped hole in my life), an amber I named Sir Balaur Gintaras, and his brother, a honey named Sir Ninazu of Manuka.

In October there was a mishap with Manuka's tank lid and long story short, he escaped.

So in February I bought a greenish rat snake (the intergrade between black and yellow rat snakes), named her Lady Zygarde or Ziggy for short. Experiencing a rat snake after almost 20 years of a corn snakes has been quite educational! She's much slower to adapt to handling, but we're working hard on it because she's the same age as Gintaras but much heftier (22 inches and 39 grams). (Gintaras is 22 inches but only 31 grams)

And then last month. My next door neighbor came up to me when I was working in my front yard and asked me if I was missing a snake. I'm pretty sure I've never mentioned I own snakes, but I guess she figured I was the most likely neighbor. Anyway, they had found Manuka on their driveway one morning while getting their kids packed up for school. She showed me a photo, it was definitely him (and she knew enough about snakes to recognize him as a non-wild color of cornsnake), he had gotten through the winter in very good condition. Unfortunately, they were on a time crunch to get the kids off, and Manuka had no concept of what a car was. The neighbor felt so bad about it she tried to pawn off a couple of crested geckos on me :p.

So yeah that's where I'm at, currently with Gintaras the amber corn snake and Ziggy the greenish rat snake. It's feeding and cage cleaning day today. I never thought I'd miss having a snake as much as I did when I lost Noodle, but I'm very glad to have these two little ones, even if Ziggy can be a freak sometimes.
gintarasgrow.jpg
gintaras_tongue.jpg
ziggy.jpg
ziggycolor.jpg

Wow I haven't been to the BYC forums in a while...

I had to put my 19-year-old cornsnake Noodle to sleep back in August. He had a presumed kidney tumor that was big enough to put pressure on his GI tract and not allow passage of anything.

Later in the month I got two baby corns (because it'll take two snakes to fill the Noodle-shaped hole in my life), an amber I named Sir Balaur Gintaras, and his brother, a honey named Sir Ninazu of Manuka.

In October there was a mishap with Manuka's tank lid and long story short, he escaped.

So in February I bought a greenish rat snake (the intergrade between black and yellow rat snakes), named her Lady Zygarde or Ziggy for short. Experiencing a rat snake after almost 20 years of a corn snakes has been quite educational! She's much slower to adapt to handling, but we're working hard on it because she's the same age as Gintaras but much heftier (22 inches and 39 grams). (Gintaras is 22 inches but only 31 grams)

And then last month. My next door neighbor came up to me when I was working in my front yard and asked me if I was missing a snake. I'm pretty sure I've never mentioned I own snakes, but I guess she figured I was the most likely neighbor. Anyway, they had found Manuka on their driveway one morning while getting their kids packed up for school. She showed me a photo, it was definitely him (and she knew enough about snakes to recognize him as a non-wild color of cornsnake), he had gotten through the winter in very good condition. Unfortunately, they were on a time crunch to get the kids off, and Manuka had no concept of what a car was. The neighbor felt so bad about it she tried to pawn off a couple of crested geckos on me :p.

So yeah that's where I'm at, currently with Gintaras the amber corn snake and Ziggy the greenish rat snake. It's feeding and cage cleaning day today. I never thought I'd miss having a snake as much as I did when I lost Noodle, but I'm very glad to have these two little ones, even if Ziggy can be a freak sometimes.View attachment 3814808View attachment 3814810View attachment 3814813View attachment 3814814
I’m so sorry about your losses but congrats on the other snakes!!! :love

Just ordered five Phylippine leaf insect nymphs going to be here on Wednesday.
Never thought i would keep any reptile but tortoises but once I started on indian stick insects I knew I had to try another phasmid

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom