Retired VA farmer raising birds again

RareDuck

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 30, 2013
I just received my Welsh Harlequin ducklings on Friday and all 16 are doing well. I like duck eggs better than chicken eggs and the Welshs sounded like a good deal and I never had this breed before. I ordered from Stromberg via Paypal. The birds came from Lebanon, MO so I think they shipped from Cackle. They cost 45 cents less than if I had ordered from Cackle. Stromberg has a special on assorted bantams that sounds really good. I never knew there were so many breeds as they have on their website. I am a senior retired farmer and I have raised chickens,bantams,ducks and guineas but until Friday have been birdless for years. Some of the best layers I ever had were White Leghorns that had spent their lives in battery cages and would have been off to slaughter if I had not bought them. After they recovered they went back to laying for as long as they lived which for most was years.

Greetings form Kansas, rareduck, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! Glad you are back in the poultry game! I'll take a look at Stromberg's! Good luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom