Returning member

Mamma chick

In the Brooder
Oct 4, 2020
Hi everyone, I am a returning member. I have not posted in a while I started raising backyard chickens November 2019. I’ve had my flock killed by dogs. I’ve got a new flock from tractor supply last year June 23. I am down to 13 chickens. Two of my silver wine dots died , One is a rooster, but one of my broody hens just became a mother. She sat on four eggs; two have hatched out, I did the water jar test after three days from the first one hatching . One egg sank down to the bottom. I checked it and it was bad. I tossed that one but the other one stuck above the water a little bit, so I put it back under my hen for a couple more days. I’m trying to decide what to do with it. If it hasn’t hatched by Mother’s Day I’m going to take it and check it , And see what it what’s going on, she’s been a good mom, but she really likes sitting on this nest. Ty for all y’all’s information.

Attachments

• IMG_1721.jpeg
    IMG_1721.jpeg
    760 KB · Views: 40
Hi everyone, I am a returning member. I have not posted in a while I started raising backyard chickens November 2019. I’ve had my flock killed by dogs. I’ve got a new flock from tractor supply last year June 23. I am down to 13 chickens. Two of my silver wine dots died , One is a rooster, but one of my broody hens just became a mother. She sat on four eggs; two have hatched out, I did the water jar test after three days from the first one hatching . One egg sank down to the bottom. I checked it and it was bad. I tossed that one but the other one stuck above the water a little bit, so I put it back under my hen for a couple more days. I’m trying to decide what to do with it. If it hasn’t hatched by Mother’s Day I’m going to take it and check it , And see what it what’s going on, she’s been a good mom, but she really likes sitting on this nest. Ty for all y’all’s information.
Welcome back.

Back
Top Bottom