Returning to Chickens and goats❣️

Lin77

In the Brooder
Dec 14, 2021
After moving back to central Fl and a 55+ community from Tn we can’t take it anymore and bought an acre in north Fl in Hamilton County. All this so we can have our Buff and Lavender Orpingtons, some goats and a food forest. We may be past our prime but we want to do what makes us happy again❣️ We may just die trying but we will die happy❣️

:welcome :ya:yesss: Hello and welcome back to BYC. You found an Amazing Poultry Community to be a part of with many knowledgeable members who are willing to help you along your journey with any questions you may have. Enjoy :)

Goats that's awesome! :ya :yesss: Make sure they are mini, the smaller the more easier to care for IMO, best of luck and please keep us all posted on your journey. :)

Ah I hate to hear that, I live over in Jackson TN, hate to see yall leave :/
We do have regrets, but at the time we made the right decision for our health. I am on the heart transplant list at Tampa General and figured we would get a Dr to coordinate my care in TN and get transferred to the list at Vanderbilt..... we were unable to even find a Dr within 30 miles and ended up with a Physicians Assistant about 24 miles away. He was unhappy with my husbands breathing & lungs and referred him to a Pulmonologist in Cookville...
1st available appointment was 5 months out. I called daily for a cancellation and got one after about 6weeks that same night the Pulmonologist ordered my husband an oxygen concentrator to sleep with until they could do the lung cat scan..... Just to download my pacemaker and defibrillator every 3 months they would have to send a Technician and a Boston Scientific Machine from Nashville 107 miles away. My medicare provider could not believe that I couldn't find a Dr in Crossville and told me he would get me an appointment with a local Dr and call me back. Two hours later he called and said that it was the first time EVER he was unable to get a patient a local Dr. appointment!! Now the prices of property in TN have gone beyond what we can afford...... the home we sold 4 years ago has now doubled in price!

Back
Top Bottom