RHDV2 in rabbits - how are you protecting your rabbits?

LizzzyJo

Show me the data 👩🏼‍🔬
5 Years
Dec 14, 2018
The Great Black Swamp, Ohio
This is a rabbit virus that wipes out entire rabbitries in a day. It’s prevalent in the US southwest, but reports are everywhere.

I have a Rabbitry and just bit the bullet and fenced in the entire outdoor hutch area to protect it from wild rabbits and the virus. Priced out - the vaccine would be $120 per rabbit the first year and $80 each year after for the booster. If I didn’t have 4-20 rabbits at any given time I might do the vaccine. But, I am choosing to enclose their area and do intense biosecurity instead. The virus also isn’t too common up here in NW Ohio (knock on wood).

What are you all doing? Has it come to your area yet?

This is a rabbit virus that wipes out entire rabbitries in a day. It’s prevalent in the US southwest, but reports are everywhere.

I have a Rabbitry and just bit the bullet and fenced in the entire outdoor hutch area to protect it from wild rabbits and the virus. Priced out - the vaccine would be $120 per rabbit the first year and $80 each year after for the booster. If I didn’t have 4-20 rabbits at any given time I might do the vaccine. But, I am choosing to enclose their area and do intense biosecurity instead. The virus also isn’t too common up here in NW Ohio (knock on wood).

What are you all doing? Has it come to your area yet?
Mine are either in hanging cages or in hutches in an enclosed area.

Back
Top Bottom