Ribh's D'Coopage

Happy to report things are quiet on the coop front this morning. Most of the girls were out & about when I went to check, Lottie & one of the Campines being the exceptions. It is drizzly but I opened the gate to the 2nd run anyway & 6 of the girls shot out, including Suyin. She's back with the others now. lol I was halfway back to the house when I spotted Hepzibah, who has a terrible mean streak, chasing her round the yard with her neck snaked out. Poor old Suyin was hovering @ the gate & didn't skitter way as I went to open it for her. Seems they are learning, slowly but we're getting there. :)

Unfortunately, the pigs are my biggest problem. The Sow just had a litter which means I have to wait 8 weeks to process her.
Yes, I remember the pig problem. And what are you doing with the litter? I assume you have to wait on them growing out too.

Losses are inevitable when you let them free range. But this magnitude was odd. I have a problem with my electric fence somewhere, but haven't been able to find it. Until I do and hatch out more birds, the birds will remain locked up. Btw, I'm a city kid turned farmer. So there are loads of stuff I just don't know.

Losses are inevitable when you let them free range. But this magnitude was odd. I have a problem with my electric fence somewhere, but haven't been able to find it. Until I do and hatch out more birds, the birds will remain locked up. Btw, I'm a city kid turned farmer. So there are loads of stuff I just don't know.
lol I'm a city kid from 2 families of farmers. There's loads of stuff I should know ~ or think I know ~ & it doesn't always come back to me when I need it most. :)

Is it possible the fox has figured out how to temporarily short circuit your electric fence? A long shot I know but some animals are just too smart for their own good. You've seen her so I guess you've some idea which stretch of fence she is coming through.

Back
Top Bottom