Ribh's D'Coopage

They’re all doing great! How is your flock doing?
We are doing really well despite winter having arrived in a flurry. Of my 8 new girls 4 are already laying, 2 are really close & 2 are for decorative purposes only!:gigI can't see my Frizzle or Wyandotte bantam excelling in the egg laying department but they are very sweet & pretty to look at.

This morning is the morning I should have taken a video but as I was already saddled with a plate of scraps I left the camera behind ~ but, oh. My.

The girls were still in the coop so knowing I would be mobbed as the bearer of gifts I tossed the scraps in the open run & went to fill their feeder before opening the gate. Well! You'd think they'd been on B&W rations for a month the way they carried on. The noise! The berating. The scolding. They could see & hear everything I was doing & it was: Hurry up, girl! Get a move on! Too slow! Too slow! And when I finally opened the gate it was a stampede! Ha'penny is still @ it. Good thing the neighbour's bedroom is on the other side!

Hehehe chickens are awesome in the morning! There's always a traffic jam at the coop door followed by a stampede :ya Mary gets as far as the grass then it's head down nibbling and making her "deeeewishus" noises. The other two follow me to the feed bin so they can be first/second/first/second/first/second to eat real chicken food that day. Funny little things :)

Hi Kayla @HuffleClaw !

Hehehe chickens are awesome in the morning! There's always a traffic jam at the coop door followed by a stampede :ya Mary gets as far as the grass then it's head down nibbling and making her "deeeewishus" noises. The other two follow me to the feed bin so they can be first/second/first/second/first/second to eat real chicken food that day. Funny little things :)

Hi Kayla @HuffleClaw !
:gig:gig:gigI don't usually give treats 1st thing & they always have food & water in the coop run so they weren't hungry....but yep; funny little things. :D

Back
Top Bottom