Ribh's D'Coopage

My chickens only speak up if there's an egg or a fox :confused: They were making their usual soft cooing noises when they saw me coming. Maybe because the coop is so open with two feeders and water, they feel like they're out already? There are days when I trave for work they're not let out at all. The coop is 4m2, which I think is ok for three chilckens. And the litter is deep for Janet to dig. The others don't dig like she does :)
The coop run is big & has things to play with ~ 'cause like you there are days they have to be confined. Doesn't stop mine from yelling to be let out though! :( What well behaved little chookies you have.

Maybe your's are talking to each other and it's like people in a pub, they have to raise their voices to make themselves heard :lau instead of masterchef or idol, they're all "did you see Sunset last night?" "no, I was watching Wallaby, what happened?" "Wallaby? Try Swan mate, you'll love it!"

5 out of 11 escaped to forage in the garden. What a MESS!!! The Campines I understand but Suyin? Pebbles? Soda? Nah. And I'm woggy with a cold & don't want to be chasing my chickens round the yard. I could just let them go but what if they dug up Nugget? Too gruesome to think about!

Last edited:
I have been told. Every time I stick my nose outside the house I get told. Let Our People Go! Huh! Fat chance @ present. I am not dressed for rounding up escapees. They keep a~trying though.
View attachment 1832722
Nugget was my head honcho so although Hepzibah has taken over fairly smoothly my middle order is having issues. Last night Patricia, the biggest bird in my flock, & Pebbles, 2nd smallest, were having @ it with wing beatings, chest bumpings & tussles for control of the food until a furious Pebbles simply landed on Patricia's head & ground her down into the dust! Oh. My. That is one feisty little chooky. And those Favorelles, that I thought were so timid they'd be put upon by everyone, have turned into something else. Not nasty, just too big to be anyone's pushovers. And they are greedy little guzzlers! Suyin in particular will simply use her body weight to get rid of the competition. I object when I'm the one she's climbing all over to get to the food, which she does while I'm trying to ensure Lottie gets her fair share. The Campines are thieves, darting in & out like little arrows to snatch a mouthful here, there & everywhere but they have worked out they can share with Lottie & will wait to be offered their share from my hand, something I thought would never happen. Lavender too will wait patiently for the first furor to die down then approach me so I will sometimes have 3 or 4 hens eating out of my hand with empty food stations available. That is kinda weird.
I love your updates.. it’s like reading a book!

Maybe your's are talking to each other and it's like people in a pub, they have to raise their voices to make themselves heard :lau instead of masterchef or idol, they're all "did you see Sunset last night?" "no, I was watching Wallaby, what happened?" "Wallaby? Try Swan mate, you'll love it!"
Funny! :gig

Okay people.. I NEED advice... I know Vinny is young but he is after the ladies... he is targeting the lower ranked gals.. he has “attacked” Nilky and Kelly from the big gals group and poor Goosie from the middles group.. and quite often I might add! Goosie FREAKS and flies all around screaming! He seems to be watching the skies and tid-bitting.. although he has cried wolf too many times so no one pays attention as he never has any treats :lol:... I did see him do some sort of wiggling around Kelly and then tried to “attack”... I guess his attempt at courting :confused:... what I’d like to know is.. do I remove him or should I give him a chance to learn manners? I just don’t like the gals getting so upset.. especially poor Goosie.. she is such a weirdo!
Ribh.. @Kris5902 @rjohns39 @HuffleClaw @BY Bob and anyone else that may have some rooster experience..

Okay people.. I NEED advice... I know Vinny is young but he is after the ladies... he is targeting the lower ranked gals.. he has “attacked” Nilky and Kelly from the big gals group and poor Goosie from the middles group.. and quite often I might add! Goosie FREAKS and flies all around screaming! He seems to be watching the skies and tid-bitting.. although he has cried wolf too many times so no one pays attention as he never has any treats :lol:... I did see him do some sort of wiggling around Kelly and then tried to “attack”... I guess his attempt at courting :confused:... what I’d like to know is.. do I remove him or should I give him a chance to learn manners? I just don’t like the gals getting so upset.. especially poor Goosie.. she is such a weirdo!
Ribh.. @Kris5902 @rjohns39 @HuffleClaw @BY Bob and anyone else that may have some rooster experience..
I don't really have rooster experience. I think you want Kris for this one though I would think your big girls would teach him his manners. Personally I'd separate him, @ least some of the time, so your girls aren't living in terror.

Back
Top Bottom