Ribh's D'Coopage

Do you sit in the run with them? I keep a chair in the run. In the winter time with snow the run is the only clear spot. I love to do that and have them hang around me.

My run is only 4 feet tall. It's was all we could do in the time we had. My coop is a walk-in so I do sit in there a little with them.

A flock of these chappies is hanging round this morning making a dreadful ruckus.

I actively discourage them. They are terribly destructive with a penchant for revenge but the neighbours will feed them. :(

View attachment 1927366

I'm curious, what form does their revenge take?

My run is only 4 feet tall. It's was all we could do in the time we had. My coop is a walk-in so I do sit in there a little with them.

Mine is 5 ft tall. I do bang my head but I can sit. Perhaps we should look at doing a permanent run if this is how is going to be. I will volunteer to help pt it up.

@Ribh I agree with both Bob and @HuffleClaw on poor Lottie and Pebbles. I wouldn’t panic just yet, but if you have a calcium carbonate antacid (who knew acid reflux would come in handy one day?) its a good fix. I powdered a whole bottle of it and now just mix it in with egg and scramble it up for them if needed (so of course I haven’t been needing it much now that I’m prepared!) Depending on how often Lottie lays I would wait, keeping a close eye on her today and be prepared to lube up and check for a broken egg in her. As a side note, my girls prefer the berry flavors of the assorted fruits kind over mint or citrus (those are the most common options here in Canada, I’ve never found a “plain” one. :fl It’s probably the lettuce, as you said!

Back
Top Bottom