Ribh's D'Coopage

I'm from Tasmania, and yes Safe from the fires for now! though we did get a 40 degree Celsius day on Monday! My primary flock consisted of -
  • a Black Orpington hen
  • a Black Australorp hen
  • a Isa Brown (*in my picture*) hen
  • a Silver penciled Wyandotte hen
  • a partridge Wyandotte hen
And then I went to buy 6 day old chicks, and came home with 18 :barnieand then my Black Orp. Hen went broody so I gave her 6 fertile Silver Laced Wyandotte eggs (of which two hatched).
So in short its some what of a circus at my house at the moment!
:wee

I have a wyandotte patridge bantam. She is lovely. Sadly I lost all my Australorps.

Awesome! I love a chicken circus :wee
Hopefully come Saturday afternoon it will be a lot less stressful at my place, of the 18 day olds (which are now 8 weeks old!) I will only be keeping 1 roo and 3 Pullets and have found homes for 1 roo and 3 pullets with my brother. so from 18 chicks I only ended up with 6 girls :hmm but it could be worse!

I'm from Tasmania, and yes Safe from the fires for now! though we did get a 40 degree Celsius day on Monday! My primary flock consisted of -
  • a Black Orpington hen
  • a Black Australorp hen
  • a Isa Brown (*in my picture*) hen
  • a Silver penciled Wyandotte hen
  • a partridge Wyandotte hen
And then I went to buy 6 day old chicks, and came home with 18 :barnieand then my Black Orp. Hen went broody so I gave her 6 fertile Silver Laced Wyandotte eggs (of which two hatched).
So in short its some what of a circus at my house at the moment!
:wee

That is a massive increase in flock size, :th
I bet it is some circus right now. Wow.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom