Ribh's D'Coopage

Portia.

I always wanted Wyandottes because their feathering is so lovely.
But frizzle me timbers, this is stunning!

20210111_084244.jpg

Gloriana.​

20210111_084357.jpg

Today I let the Littlies have their 1st brief venture into the big run.
Gloriana, Regan, Portia, Desdemona & Ceres all ventured out even though the big girls were on the loose.

It came to an abrupt end.
The big girls promptly invaded the small coop leaving the littlies no safe place to retreat to.
I rounded everybody up & fed them but if the weather holds we will try again tomorrow before the big girls are let out so the Littlies can explore in peace & find all the safe nooks.

20210111_132459.jpg

Desdemona found herself on the wrong side of the wire with Ceres & confronted by a Campine & promptly went up! *sigh*

Here she is surveying the world from the coop roof.

Ceres found her way back to the door & safety.
Desdemona let me pick her up & carry her back to a known starting point. She is a brave little hen. She joined Gloriana instead of promptly retreating to the known safety of the Little Coop.
20210111_140211.jpg

They are so gorgeous Ribh. I love seeing their personalities in the photos. You capture it beautifully. These threads have really won me over to wyandottes. Last year my sister asked me to incubate some for her and i had not heard much about them. They are so very pretty. I have a small number of eggs in the incubator now for her and hoping to get some Gold laced and some silver laced. She wants the roosters too so it is a wonderful opportunity to incubate.

They are so gorgeous Ribh. I love seeing their personalities in the photos. You capture it beautifully. These threads have really won me over to wyandottes. Last year my sister asked me to incubate some for her and i had not heard much about them. They are so very pretty. I have a small number of eggs in the incubator now for her and hoping to get some Gold laced and some silver laced. She wants the roosters too so it is a wonderful opportunity to incubate.
I'd love some more Wyandottes! I have found them to be wonderful & my bantams get on really, really well with my Campines. Not everyone does. The Campines are rather wild. These standards seem to be really gentle & look out for everyone else in their tribe.

And with Wyandottes about you probably won't need an incubator. :lau My bantams spend 1/2 their lives brooding! :gig

I'd love some more Wyandottes! I have found them to be wonderful & my bantams get on really, really well with my Campines. Not everyone does. The Campines are rather wild. These standards seem to be really gentle & look out for everyone else in their tribe.

And with Wyandottes about you probably won't need an incubator. :lau My bantams spend 1/2 their lives brooding! :gig
I think that is my sisters plan!! Get started and then let the mamma hens take over the flock increases. I am looking forward to watching her flock develop. It will be interesting if i give them all to her or if 1 or 2 somehow manage to miss the trip and stay at my house!! I am looking forward to getting to know them.

Back
Top Bottom