Ribh's D'Coopage

I looked for these here in the states and so far I have not had any luck! They are so beautiful! 💞
They really are. :) I still would not have bought them . There are other breeds I like better but the man took an interest & that is to be encouraged. He really loves these girls!

Ceres is doing much better this morning. The swelling is going down & for the first time she's hopped down from her roost herself to help herself to food & water rather than waiting on me.

Having her in the bathroom I've been able to monitor her health so much more closely & this morning noticed thread worm in her caecal poop. 🤢 No wonder the poor girl was feeling under the weather. She's had a lot going on. So it's wormer in her water now. By the time she rejoins the flock she should be the healthiest bird there!
View attachment 2562725
Great catch on the worm. Clearing that up should help a lot. See what a good chickeneer you are!

I am concerned though. Did she not go to see the vet? The vet did not do a fecal float with everything that was going on? I'm confused. That would seem obvious to me.

Happy Coffee Klatch Wednesday Somewhere! When I get my Lavender mug I can join twice with a different cup! 💞
View attachment 2562922
Enjoy your coffee catch up! I’m off to the pool so Vi can practice her swimming before I go to work in the afternoon.
My nicest mug has platypus’ on it, not quite in theme with yours 😅

My poor German Girls [as the man calls them] have been pretty much ignored while I've been sorting out everything else that's been going on round here. And they are such good girls.

They handle confinement really well & have been pretty content in the small coop. Every night they take themselves to bed without drama. The older ones are roosting.
I will get a chance to sort out who's who shortly.

I have wormed them & would add them to the main flock if they weren't quite so flighty still. I will start them on a course for coccidia before adding them as I am starting to think that is responsible for all my recent loses. It's not that we've had so much rain but that everything has been damp, warm & muggy. It is impossible to keep everything as dry as I would like. It just steams like a compost heap. I will treat the new girls with the Baycox but add Amprolium to the older girls water & only add the new girls after that is all done.

I am hoping I have figured this out right & it's not something else.
View attachment 2562762
They are very pretty ladies! It's nice to see them. They are very sleek on the roost.

Great catch on the worm. Clearing that up should help a lot. See what a good chickeneer you are!

I am concerned though. Did she not go to see the vet? The vet did not do a fecal float with everything that was going on? I'm confused. That would seem obvious to me.
Nope. That's not standard procedure. With an avian vet, maybe. Also this is a visiting vet. Her main practice is on the mainland so it's more emergency. I'm lucky to have any sort of a vet so I take what I've got & am grateful!

American footballs?
I don't know what an American football looks like. A rugby one...
1615338693012.png

Back
Top Bottom