Ribh's D'Coopage

I'd like to skite a bit if I may Ribh.

I entered 3 items into 3 categories at the Hawkesbury show. I received 2 x 2nds and a first!

First place, a Green Witch's hat.
View attachment 2639374View attachment 2639375

Second place, Felted Slippers
View attachment 2639376

And of course my White Sussex Hen. Second place.
View attachment 2639377

Skiting complete. 😇
Congratulations!! There's usually rather stiff competition in those shows! I nearly tried scones one year, but realised I hadn't time to perfect the "crumb"

When you get "home" is fine. 😉
Haha! I really was at the office all day. I'm going through a hectic period.

Anyway it's Wednesday somewhere I believe.

IMG20210429071848.jpg

I entered 3 items into 3 categories at the Hawkesbury show. I received 2 x 2nds and a first!

View attachment 2639376

View attachment 2639377

Skiting complete. 😇
Of course you may skite! That is very well done indeed. So sorry being a late responder ~ I am behind on my own thread! 🙄 Thank you for sharing. Now all we need are the videos...;)

I misnamed this thread when I began it.
I should have called it Ribh's Chicken Flea Circus! 🙄
Why? Need you ask?

So yesterday I called all my girls home. The Big Girls all recognise the blue willow pattern teacup & know when I have that very special treats indeed are on offer. Everyone came hooting ~ even Morrigu. No lagers @ all. I was so happy...

Until I went to round up my little ones. Usually they are super easy & happy to be safe in their coop but yesterday I was one short so I started looking. I thought Oshina was just being mad, bad & dangerous to know. I thought she had somehow got lost in my wilderness of a garden. For the life of me I couldn't understand why she had separated from the smaller girls.

The answer soon became distressingly evident; she had been caught in one of the lad's stray crab pots! How she got in there who knows! Why she got in evades both logic & reason. What became distressingly evident was she couldn't get out & was panicked & stressed. We had to cut her out. 🙄 She wasn't the only one super stressed before we were done!

20210407_122927.jpg

I haven't finished a video of needle felting a chook yet but I have taken some still photos showing different stages for anyone who is interested.

The "skeleton" or armature that the piece is built around.
View attachment 2639388

Wire feet with toe nails bent over and painted.
View attachment 2639389

Beginning to wrap the skeleton.
View attachment 2639390

Wool fibre laid out to wrap the head end of the chook
View attachment 2639391

Wrapping
View attachment 2639392

Stabbing with a felting needle to hold in place.
View attachment 2639393

Lightly felted to hold in place. This will need lots more stabbing to felt firmly, then lots more wool added and needle felted to get the shape of a hen.
View attachment 2639394

This is the piece I'm currently working on. You can see she looks lot more like a hen! I'm attempting to make her look like my RIR Deana who is quite a ...er, "round" girl.
View attachment 2639395

This gives an idea of how much wool is needed to build up the shape.
View attachment 2639396

Almost ready to start adding her feathers, comb and wattles!
View attachment 2639397
So much work! Lovely to sort of see how it's done.

View attachment 2639376

View attachment 2639377

Skiting complete. 😇
WOW!!! Congratulations. So clever!
Of course the chicken remains my favorite (how can it not have been 1st prize?!) but I really love the slippers. I could do with a pair of those. Totally selfishly I think you should open an Etsy store. :love

Back
Top Bottom