Ribh's D'Coopage

They're a gorgeous bunch. Who is your oldest hen now?
Luna & Ha'penny arrived together so they are now my oldest hens. Sorta scary when you think what Ha'penny is still capable of! :eek: Then it's Wrold, Alpia, Beatha, & Aoife. :thLuna is my last remaining calm, sensible girl. After that it's the madwomen & the broody lunatics. 🙄

Luna & Ha'penny arrived together so they are now my oldest hens. Sorta scary when you think what Ha'penny is still capable of! :eek: Then it's Wrold, Alpia, Beatha, & Aoife. :thLuna is my last remaining calm, sensible girl. After that it's the madwomen & the broody lunatics. 🙄
So Ha'penny is young in her body and mind, while old in years. That bodes well. Is she 3 or 4? I've lost track. I'll search your thread to find out.

We are working on names. This is Lottie. She is an absolute sweetie & given her size she is doing really well amongst the big girls.
View attachment 1728640
She can't be anything but Lavender. *sigh* I tried a few other names but Lavender she is.
View attachment 1728641
View attachment 1728642
Tuppence & Ha'penny.View attachment 1728645
View attachment 1728647 Suyin [from Love is a Many Splendoured Thing] & Luna.
View attachment 1728656
That post was from April 7 2019.

Would she have been 6 months by then? That would make her 3ish years old.

ok, Tea drinkers, give it your best shot. In an attempt to regulate my sleep without resorting to drugs I decided to give tea another go. I know chamomile is supposed to be a relaxant so I went with this & honestly...just gross. 🤮 How do you guys drink this stuff? Any recommendations? And I'm pretty sure i don't like floraly things. Tastes like drinking fluff. 🤢View attachment 3026956
Oh I am totally with you! I can't handle fancy herbal teas at all and Camomile is particularly gross.
I do make my own 'tea' with mint from the garden and sometimes with ginger. But I don't think of that as 'a cup of tea', I think of it as flavored water.
Strong black tea for me every time!

That post was from April 7 2019.

Would she have been 6 months by then? That would make her 3ish years old.
That sounds about right MJ. I didn't want to go back & check. Losing Lottie still makes me sad. She was such a sweetheart & Ha'penny has always been a madwoman! 🤣

ok, Tea drinkers, give it your best shot. In an attempt to regulate my sleep without resorting to drugs I decided to give tea another go. I know chamomile is supposed to be a relaxant so I went with this & honestly...just gross. 🤮 How do you guys drink this stuff? Any recommendations? And I'm pretty sure i don't like floraly things. Tastes like drinking fluff. 🤢View attachment 3026956
I gave up caffeine totally (except for chocolate, and I don't eat it late in the day). I found by trial and error, over a few years, that I am sensitive and it really does give me a lighter and less restful sleep, even if consumed early in the morning. Plus, even with one day of caffeine I may get a headache the next, as if it's a withdrawal. Too bad, as black caffeinated tea is fantastic. I have never liked green tea, no problem giving that up. Decaf tea doesn't taste as good, and still has a little caffeine. Just once in a while for me.

So, over time I have found a few things I like.

Afternoon and evening: Chamomile tastes like hay by itself. But I like it with peppermint leaves, sometimes spearmint leaves.
Morning: Hot water with fresh lemon juice is very good.
Non-caf Chai is a spice mix, cinnamon and cloves mostly. I only like it with a creamer of some kind.
Currently I am a Teecino & oatmilk fan. It's a mix of chicory and other things, basically a coffee substitute like Postum back in the day, though I make it quite weak. I like the ground brew stuff, the French roast and vanilla roast. They also make this in tea bags, never tried them.

Oh I am totally with you! I can't handle fancy herbal teas at all and Camomile is particularly gross.
I do make my own 'tea' with mint from the garden and sometimes with ginger. But I don't think of that as 'a cup of tea', I think of it as flavored water.
Strong black tea for me every time!
Oh yes, ginger, turmeric & mint is a nice combination. I was on a kick with that for awhile, and the same here - it was a tasty way to keep hydrated, I was tired of drinking plain water at the time.

Camomile on its own is just :sick. Twinings’ Camomile and Honey is almost palatable.

Back
Top Bottom