Ribh's D'Coopage

Doing my mid morning rounds I found Portia down in the shed & struggling to move. 😥
As she was her usual self earlier I promptly hit the panic button & hoyed her up to the house for vitamins, minerals, energy boost, coccidia. I was taking no chances after Sif. In the process of all that she dropped a soft shelled egg so I guess that was her problem. I kept her caged for the rest of the morning as she was wobbly but let her out for the afternoon. She has rested most of the day & I expect to have to carry her to bed but we shall see. She took herself off to re-join the outskirts of the tribe so hopefully it's just a bad day. She's a funny, quirky hen & I would be sorry to loose her.

View attachment 3035738
How was Portia at bedtime Ribh? Any better?

How was Portia at bedtime Ribh? Any better?
SHRA

IMG20201027133435.jpg

Good morning/evening everyone 😊😴

Doing my mid morning rounds I found Portia down in the shed & struggling to move. 😥
As she was her usual self earlier I promptly hit the panic button & hoyed her up to the house for vitamins, minerals, energy boost, coccidia. I was taking no chances after Sif. In the process of all that she dropped a soft shelled egg so I guess that was her problem. I kept her caged for the rest of the morning as she was wobbly but let her out for the afternoon. She has rested most of the day & I expect to have to carry her to bed but we shall see. She took herself off to re-join the outskirts of the tribe so hopefully it's just a bad day. She's a funny, quirky hen & I would be sorry to loose her.

View attachment 3035738
Update us on how she is doing when you let them out in the morning, hopefully it was just an off day and she is all better :hugs :hugs

Yes ~ but you didn't have to make it. ;) Any creative effort requires a fair bit of drudgery which mitigates the pleasure of the finished object. I browse Etsy for the pure pleasure of looking @ beautiful things. It gives me great gratification ~ but I know it would not be the same if I had to make any of it.🤣
You got me there. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 3035738
I'm so glad that you spotted her. Fingers crossed she is all sorted now. 🤞🤞

How did she go at bedtime?

My phone just went completely psycho and deleted a rather lengthy response I was writing! :he Reader’s Digest version: more rain, coccidiosis treatment to finish tomorrow. New chook Taj Mahal arriving in less than a week!
I can't wait to see the new coop!

Back
Top Bottom