Ribh's D'Coopage

Nope. I could never do that. Too much would be lost. I rewrite all the time. I take my hard copy and a red pen.

Yes red.

Wait a day or two.

Then go back over it and rewrite. Often massively. But I need that original thought and I work much better editing on paper than on the computer.
A coworker and I read and edit each other's emails before hitting the send button. I am too blunt so it's good to have a buffer.

A coworker and I read and edit each other's emails before hitting the send button. I am too blunt so it's good to have a buffer.
That’s a good buffer. I do the same; if I’m feeling rather emotional before sending an email at work, I’ll get a colleague to read over it and edit if necessary.

Save and backup, save and backup....
It was saved. I have never understood back up. On reflection, & no longer in panic mode, I suspect I wasn't using my uni account & my computer went feral on me as I tried to get it to do something it quite literally couldn't do. I must have wandered back into the correct account by accident & for better or worse the wretched thing has been submitted.

I often feel this way at the end of a work day, I am a controls systems lead technician at a Amazon facility. At the end of most work days I feel more tired than if I had been swinging an axe all day.
Mental work can be as exhausting as hard physical labour. I try to keep a balance ~ which is one reason I have chooks. 😄

Nope. I could never do that. Too much would be lost. I rewrite all the time. I take my hard copy and a red pen.

Yes red.

Wait a day or two.

Then go back over it and rewrite. Often massively. But I need that original thought and I work much better editing on paper than on the computer.
I couldn't have done a complete rewrite. The thing was a nightmare to start with. It was a non fiction book proposal complete with cover letter & an analysis of my own writing on the proposal. I like working on the computer as I can cut & paste & edit as I go. I do not like it when things go catawampus. I don't know enough to fix technical mishaps.

This is why I still print a hard copy. Save, print, then do something else. I always have a copy that I can find and recreate if necessary.

Nothing is worse than a massive spreadsheet corrupting because it is too big.
Now this is brilliant, Bob. I will do this in future. At least then if the worst comes to the worst it is just retyping & while a pain not a disaster.

Caturday. Lots of cats=lots of photos.

Toast is toasty lying on the laptop.
View attachment 3056144

Spooky is toasty in my lap. Check out that sheen all you black chicken lovers!
View attachment 3056145

Éowyn choose my desk to hide from that meany Toast.
View attachment 3056146View attachment 3056153

For reference this is a quarter next to her paw.
View attachment 3056148

My desk has been declared a demilitarized zone all week. The only really safe place for Éowyn. Toast is keeping track of her though.

View attachment 3056149
I really feel for Éowyn. Having to share space with someone who doesn't like you is not a happy place. :(

That happened to me once, only it wasn't retrievable. The rush to retype 3 weeks of thinking was on and I learned to trust myself. It came out better than the first one. I really should delete and rewrite every time.
Oh, MJ!!!! :hugs I'm glad it turned out ok but... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom