Ribh's D'Coopage

What is in the kidney support diet?
That would be really handy to know 🤔
@Marie2020 : Most urinary tract problems in cats are caused by crystals forming & blocking the urethea. Keeping the cat well hydrated is primary ~ which is problematic as many cats don't like drinking water. My vet suggested giving the lads tinned fish in Springwater; I use tuna & salmon. Also put a bit of the tinned water in their drinking water to encourage them to drink more. Not sure exactly what is in their biscuits. This is all the information on the package. Royal Canin is vet formulated but very, very expensive compared to any supermarket brand. I also find constantly buying the tinned fish very expensive so I supplement with some no grain supermarket brands ~ usually chicken in a gravy or sauce as one of my lads is a chicken fiend. If only he realised dinner was walking round the yard on 2 feet not inches from his nose every day! :lau

20220801_074113.jpg

Here they are prescribed by a vet (I guess that is why they are called prescription diets!). I have a cat with food allergies and he has to have the 'z/d' prescription diet. He is allergic to a range of animal proteins. Weirdly he is not allergic to venison so if I can get a hold of venison cat food or fresh venison from the deer hunter he can have that.
I don't need a prescription but I can only get this brand from my vet & it's about 5 times the price of a supermarket brand.

@Marie2020 : Most urinary tract problems in cats are caused by crystals forming & blocking the urethea. Keeping the cat well hydrated is primary ~ which is problematic as many cats don't like drinking water. My vet suggested giving the lads tinned fish in Springwater; I use tuna & salmon. Also put a bit of the tinned water in their drinking water to encourage them to drink more. Not sure exactly what is in their biscuits. This is all the information on the package. Royal Canin is vet formulated but very, very expensive compared to any supermarket brand. I also find constantly buying the tinned fish very expensive so I supplement with some no grain supermarket brands ~ usually chicken in a gravy or sauce as one of my lads is a chicken fiend. If only he realised dinner was walking round the yard on 2 feet not inches from his nose every day! :lau

View attachment 3206910
I always drench pusscats food. I'll look out for fish in water and grain free food, thanks lovely :).
I'm buying the reduced free range chicken for my cat and dog when I can and plus share any chicken I have with them. Plus I drowned their meals to make them drink.

View attachment 3206910
It's not made in China is it? I'm not to confident with foods made in China anymore.

I don't know if you get the Hills Science food over in the UK, but there are some brands you get from the vet, which are quite expensive, but seem to be a lot better than what you buy in the supermarket. This is what we get her:

View attachment 3206402

View attachment 3206403
Blossom has Hills Science diet for old darlings in the fish flavour.

View attachment 3206910
Cats are more likely to drink if they have running water - I got one of those fountain thingys and it is true they all drink more as a result.

Back
Top Bottom