Ribh's D'Coopage

It's going to get even hotter
20220803_115235.jpg

Yep. The bantams have been threatening for a while but we've had almost springlike days for a week ~ not that it will last. We're due some westerlies & that should cure them of any ambitions they might have that way. I will wait on Wrold then see if I can get any fertile eggs. She's a great sitter & ferocious protector. I expect I could put an egg or 2 under others because I'm sure to get more than one! 🙄
I'm looking forward to the sitting and hatch!

I suspect Ha'penny is considering going broody too. :th
She's been laying consistently in the nesting boxes but today she was running round the yard screaming like a demented harridan looking for somewhere to lay. There were 2 of her eggs here when I checked. I hope my fake eggs arrive soon...
I made this as an outside nest & the girls like it ~ but they know I rob it consistently.
Ha'penny in particular never accumulates eggs in a nesting box. She always hides her nest outside somewhere.​
20220811_093133.jpg

Thanks 😊. She's finding it difficult with this weather but doing all I can to keep her going

How are you? :hugs
I've been down with the lurgy all week. My grandkids don't practise even basic hygiene... 🙄 but the girls are firing on all cylinders. As you can see, broody season has started here.

I suspect Ha'penny is considering going broody too. :th
She's been laying consistently in the nesting boxes but today she was running round the yard screaming like a demented harridan looking for somewhere to lay. There were 2 of her eggs here when I checked. I hope my fake eggs arrive soon...
I made this as an outside nest & the girls like it ~ but they know I rob it consistently.
Ha'penny in particular never accumulates eggs in a nesting box. She always hides her nest outside somewhere.​
View attachment 3218787
This is a gorgeous photo Ribh!

Back
Top Bottom