Ribh's D'Coopage

I bought 2 double nesting boxes.
Theoretically that should be ample for 15 hens, especially given most of the older hens prefer to lay in one of the outside nests.
Not so. They are already doubling up.
Ceres & Desdemona.​
20220902_082710.jpg

Tsuri sitting on hot air.
20220902_082716.jpg

Shuri & Chavi...
so every box is occupied by a screaming banshee & not one of them do I want to put eggs under! 🙄
This is going to be a very long summer! *sigh*
20220902_082736.jpg

Theoretically that should be ample for 15 hens, especially given most of the older hens prefer to lay in one of the outside nests.
Ceres & Desdemona.​
View attachment 3244095

View attachment 3244097

Shuri & Chavi...
so every box is occupied by a screaming banshee & not one of them do I want to put eggs under! 🙄
View attachment 3244102
:lau :gig:lau:gig I'm sorry. :lau:gig:lau:gigI shouldn't laugh at that :gig:lau:gig:lau I just can't help it :gig:lau:gig:lauthey are so darn uncooperative :gig:lau:gig:lau:gig:lau

Ceres & Desdemona.​
View attachment 3244095

View attachment 3244097

Shuri & Chavi...
View attachment 3244102
When you do give one eggs, where will she sit? There seems to be so much action in those nests that it would be hard to not get broken eggs. The nests were a great purchase. They took to them right away!

When you do give one eggs, where will she sit? There seems to be so much action in those nests that it would be hard to not get broken eggs. The nests were a great purchase. They took to them right away!
The bantams don't seem to break eggs. I had 2 lots of 3 last year ~ & no broken eggs. The girl I need to sit will choose her spot & no~one will mess with her. She's tiny but fierce!

:lau :gig:lau:gig I'm sorry. :lau:gig:lau:gigI shouldn't laugh at that :gig:lau:gig:lau I just can't help it :gig:lau:gig:lauthey are so darn uncooperative :gig:lau:gig:lau:gig:lau
The joke never gets old for you, does it @BY Bob? 🙄 Have some pity on me. Today is only the 2nd day of our spring & a couple of these girls are about to max out their 21 days.🤣

Ceres & Desdemona.​
View attachment 3244095

View attachment 3244097

Shuri & Chavi...
View attachment 3244102
Their little faces are just too much 🥰

Olivia making her way up the tree & onto the crossbar where she will wait patiently for her turn to be carried to bed. She chatters constantly. I think she likes being @ my eye level but she gets anxious as she sees everyone else disappear into the shed while she is still waiting. I usually do her last as it's a good excuse for a little cuddle & a bedtime story ~ her to me.😇
20220902_171320.jpg

Olivia making her way up the tree & onto the crossbar where she will wait patiently for her turn to be carried to bed. She chatters constantly. I think she likes being @ my eye level but she gets anxious as she sees everyone else disappear into the shed while she is still waiting. I usually do her last as it's a good excuse for a little cuddle & a bedtime story ~ her to me.😇
View attachment 3244525
Awwww that's such a beautiful thought.

View attachment 3244525
She is so pretty ❤️🤩

Back
Top Bottom