Ribh's D'Coopage

WEDNESDAY WHEREVER...😃
Hoping all my BYC friends had a lovely Christmas & New Year!
Most of my girls have gone broody on me, including Ha'penny who is busy hatching 3 fake eggs. 🙄 She's gone for the full drama queen scenario this time: the fluff; the bwawk; the running round headless. Needless to say I'm not getting too many eggs just now. As she always chooses an outside nest I get to pick her up & cart her to the roost each evening.

Most of my smalls are in & out of broodiness & my bigger girls are mostly older so going easy on the egg laying.
View attachment 3371561
Gorgeous mug and chicken! Wishing you a year with more good days than not and many joyful happenings.

I'm happy to hear this. If yours hadn't turned broodies... then I would have really worried for 2023 😊. I hope you enjoy (at least a bit) Ha'penny's drama and that you get lots of better days in the year to come.
Campines are notorious for NOT going broody but Ha'penny has @ least one go every year. Usually she hides a clutch of eggs secretly & the first I know about her broodiness is she is missing @ roosting time. Since so many of my girls insisted on laying in the yard I got some fake eggs & distributed them where I prefered they lay. Most of the others now prefer the nesting boxes but Ha'penny gathered 3 fake eggs & decided to sit on them. She's reverted to being a complete nut job! Shad says everyone must really like the keeping arrangements for so many to decide it's ok to raise chicks. I wish I could set eggs under some of them but I already have too many chickens for where I am.

is that a new mug?

love your cup

That is also a splendid mug. 🥰

20230111_063740.jpg
Yes it is new. Not quite a chicken but close enough.;) There is a Scots one as well with a thistle which I may acquire @ some point also but as the Irish Scotti gave their name to Scotland I figure it's as good as...🤣

Back
Top Bottom