Ribh's D'Coopage

Here is a an old picture I came across of a cat who I lost many years ago. He was never intended to be a house cat and got stress issues from being confined. So eventually reluctantly I let him come and go as he chose.
For a couple of years we had a lovely life together, but one day he never returned.
I hired a lady who had scent tracking dogs and she tracked him along a fence line (chasing a bunny probably) and across the road into a lovely clearing in the woods. I placed trail cams but never saw him again.
I take comfort that although he almost certainly got taken by a coyote at least he got to experience such a lovely place.
Rest in peace my lovely, I am sorry I could not protect you better.
View attachment 3375034View attachment 3375037View attachment 3375038
What age pretty kitty ❤ you're right that he had your love

My computer was slow.
C7F90763-46D3-4C4E-B24F-9AB2DEB60584.jpeg

I don't recall having ever seen a Labradoodle that beautiful colour. All the ones I know are yellow.

There are some products that repel cats, but I don't know if they're safe for use around chickens so you might want to do a little reading up before using.

https://excitedcats.com/best-cat-repellent-sprays/

Also, I'm amused that all us cat people came up with plans for luring the cat to another, lovelier place! We're not much good at getting rid of cats, very good at making them comfy and happy :gig
I am a different "cat". I came up with a chicken that beats up cats as a solution! So did @Ribh

Here is a an old picture I came across of a cat who I lost many years ago. He was never intended to be a house cat and got stress issues from being confined. So eventually reluctantly I let him come and go as he chose.
For a couple of years we had a lovely life together, but one day he never returned.
I hired a lady who had scent tracking dogs and she tracked him along a fence line (chasing a bunny probably) and across the road into a lovely clearing in the woods. I placed trail cams but never saw him again.
I take comfort that although he almost certainly got taken by a coyote at least he got to experience such a lovely place.
Rest in peace my lovely, I am sorry I could not protect you better.
View attachment 3375034View attachment 3375037View attachment 3375038
:hugs

Everything Glynda does is quick. She is in perpetual motion. She has all the leghorn traits I love without the downside of overlaying. I love this girl and I think she is a little taken with me as well. View attachment 3375766View attachment 3375767
I must confess, I wasn't an admirer of white chickens untill Dink hatched and survived. Moon, some years later was lovely looking at Glynda's age.

Back
Top Bottom