Ribh's D'Coopage

IT'S CATURDAY...REALLY? šŸ˜¶
I have removed all fake eggs & every broody is broken. :wee
20230121_080708.jpg

Interested in foreign cat politics?:
Every cat in the Netherlands will soon be required to have a chip. Minister Adema of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality wants to find the owners of lost cats more quickly. It should also become easier to help stray cats without owners.
The chip requirement will in any case apply to house cats. For stray cats it is of course more difficult to make mandatory because they don't belong to anyone.

Track down
According to the ministry, there are about 2.9 million domestic cats in the Netherlands. About 60,000 cats are reported missing each year. With a chip it is much easier to trace owners.

Under the fur
Microchipping cats is very simple. The vet only needs a few seconds. A tiny chip is 'sprayed' under the fur with a hypodermic needle. The number of the chip can be read with a special chip reader. And in a database you can see to which owner that number belongs. Many cat owners already do that.

It is not yet clear when the new rule will take effect.
(Translated news item that was on the national tv yesterday https://www.kidsweek.nl/nieuws/chip-verplicht-voor-alle-katten)
Both my boys are chipped ~ though I need to update details.

IT'S CATURDAY...REALLY? šŸ˜¶
I have removed all fake eggs & every broody is broken. :wee
View attachment 3381025
It looks like someone either is very surprised or doesn't believe you šŸ¤£.

Happy Caturday everyone!
IMG_20230121_092957.jpg

We raised our cats as barn cats for a year before my partner convinced me to let them inside. He thinks they are so cute, clean and smell good . But this week they did something so gross I kind of miss the time they stayed outside. Only look if you are a real cat servant šŸ˜±
under my partner's working backpack, which was on the floor in a hidden corner of our living room, we found remains of a vomited mouse that had visibly been there for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom