Ribh's D'Coopage

Thanks, Bob. She had straight Polish. Adorable with huge head coronas but I just couldn't. Ha'penny is the last of my older girls. I do still have Wrold & Alpia but they are broody more often than not so the tribe is being led by the not so experienced Portia. She does have Ha'penny to back her up but there's just a long, long tail of young inexperienced birds, mostly true bantams & tiny. If I still had Luna & the rocks I might have considered a Polish as the little girls used them as camaflouge but as it is Portia is not very tolerant of the smaller birds & Ha'penny is as mad as a hatter.

I really needed some calmer birds. Hopefully the Aracaunas...🤞
Phyllis is definitely supported by the other girls keeping watch. I too have hawks and have lost a Polish to them. I understand the concern. It is good to have an experienced support system in place for them if you are going add them to your tribe.

I hope the Aracaunas become new anchors for your group.

Phyllis is definitely supported by the other girls keeping watch. I too have hawks and have lost a Polish to them. I understand the concern. It is good to have an experienced support system in place for them if you are going add them to your tribe.

I hope the Aracaunas become new anchors for your group.
About the only good thing from this protracted wait for my own place is I have had plenty of time to consider what I want my tribe to look like when I can close the tribe. I have become very partial to the bantams. They are hardy, easily handled, fierce, protective broodies & give protein rich eggs. If I get a Phoenix rooster for my Aracaunas & Campines & a frizzle for the bantams I should get some very pretty birds.

About the only good thing from this protracted wait for my own place is I have had plenty of time to consider what I want my tribe to look like when I can close the tribe. I have become very partial to the bantams. They are hardy, easily handled, fierce, protective broodies & give protein rich eggs. If I get a Phoenix rooster for my Aracaunas & Campines & a frizzle for the bantams I should get some very pretty birds.
You would get some interesting birds from a Phoenix mix for certain. I hope that works out for you.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi and let ya know we are still around, just not very active on here. My time is taken with trying to keep Bob out of the hospital, not that I'm doing a very good job of it 😞.
I will say have a good holiday now 🦃
Lovely to hear from you Grammy but saddened to hear of Bob’s difficulties.
Give him a big hug from his chicken-friends on BYC.
:hugs

Just wanted to pop in and say hi and let ya know we are still around, just not very active on here. My time is taken with trying to keep Bob out of the hospital, not that I'm doing a very good job of it 😞.
Good to hear from you. It’s been a rough trip for you, I know. I’m hoping Bob can get back his health. :fl

Lovely to hear from you Grammy but saddened to hear of Bob’s difficulties.
Give him a big hug from his chicken-friends on BYC.
:hugs
Thank you and I just told him :hugs
Good to hear from you. It’s been a rough trip for you, I know. I’m hoping Bob can get back his health. :fl
We are all praying for that 🙏

Hi Grammy, it's good to see a post from you. Please give Bob my best wishes. I'm grateful for the knowledge he shared.

Hi, Grammy.
I'm very behind, even on my own thread. Sorry to hear Bob has health difficulties. Give him my love.❤️💙💚🧡💛🤍🇭🇲

Back
Top Bottom