Ribh's D'Coopage

Remember I was babysitting a mini pig?
Well, yesterday evening she went bananas.

When I went over to feed her, she was not in the run but walking on the path along the house. The solar- device didnt work. Yesterday we had a storm and hail, that may have caused the malfunction. Without power, she could break out the netted run without shocks.

I was a stressful evening, with a pig in the side kitchen, complicated communication with family members, the owners on their vacation and help of my husband.

She behaved strange and a little aggressive too. Probably she has her period to mate and was restless. Finally she was fed three times and in her cage.

The battery was inside the house on a charger to give it a boost (normally it works on solar) .

Unfortunate I couldn’t lock her up in the cage because the door was broke since last year.

The owner thought she would be okay for the night. But at 00 h , when a daughter came home she was missing. She and her boyfriend went searching and alarmed /asked the police. A girl in the streets was attacked (only fear, not hurt) and she damaged a car. The police helped to get the pig home.
Now the parents get a fine and have to pay for the damage.

The mini pig is in her cage now, as in a prison , the entrance is blocked with heavy logs

Edit: Deleted the photo for privacy reasons.

Last edited:
Remember I was babysitting a mini pig?
Well, yesterday evening she went bananas.

When I went over to feed her, she was not in the run but walking on the path along the house. The solar- device didnt work. Yesterday we had a storm and hail, that may have caused the malfunction. Without power, she could break out the netted run without shocks.

I was a stressful evening, with a pig in the side kitchen, complicated communication with family members, the owners on their vacation and help of my husband.

She behaved strange and a little aggressive too. Probably she has her period to mate and was restless. Finally she was fed three times and in her cage.

The battery was inside the house on a charger to give it a boost (normally it works on solar) .

Unfortunate I couldn’t lock her up in the cage because the door was broke since last year.

The owner thought she would be okay for the night. But at 00 h , when a daughter came home she was missing. She and her boyfriend went searching and alarmed /asked the police. A girl in the streets was attacked (only fear, not hurt) and she damaged a car. The police helped to get the pig home.
Now the parents get a fine and have to pay for the damage.

The mini pig is in her cage now, as in a prison , the entrance is blocked with heavy logs

Edit: Deleted the photo for privacy reasons.
What a night! Sounds like the pig had a wonderful time on the rampage but what a major stress out for her community and those who care for her.

Blossom snoozing yesterday.

IMG_2024-02-24-17-07-27-174.jpg

A fuzzy jumble of ears and paws 🤗

What a night! Sounds like the pig had a wonderful time on the rampage but what a major stress out for her community and those who care for her.
This night the pig managed to escape again. The daughter and boyfriend are cycling and looking for her for 3 - 4 hours already. But cant find her.

My husband and me cleared out their shed with tools and DIY stuff. So if she comes home she has a new prison with a real door.

This night the pig managed to escape again. The daughter and boyfriend are cycling and looking for her for 3 - 4 hours already. But cant find her.

My husband and me cleared out their shed with tools and DIY stuff. So if she comes home she has a new prison with a real door.
OMG - I had no idea pigs were such escape artists or so difficult to find!
Good luck.

This is crazy. Don't they sleep?

This is crazy. Don't they sleep?
Good point. Maybe the kids are looking in the wrong places and the piggy is curled up somewhere cozy and snoring away!
Yes. Normally she sleeps during the night. I suppose similar like humans.

I got a message they finally found her after I fell asleep. She was home in the barn about half an hour after I posted last night. :th

I can truthfully say I learned the hard way, just how much pigs like to escape. When we had pigs, the big male would use his snout to move the electric fencing and if that didn't work, he would just sit on it and then they would get out. I had many days that I would come home from work and have to help my son get them back. I'm so glad we don't have pigs anymore.

I can truthfully say I learned the hard way, just how much pigs like to escape. When we had pigs, the big male would use his snout to move the electric fencing and if that didn't work, he would just sit on it and then they would get out. I had many days that I would come home from work and have to help my son get them back. I'm so glad we don't have pigs anymore.
First a big excuse to Ribh, for pig stalking this thread 🧵 🐷.

I would never get myself a pig either. Not even a mini pig. But my dear neighbour did. Because he felt sorry for a girl who got one for her birthday but couldnt keep her. I don’t know if he realised pigs often get 15 yo, are extremely clever , stubborn, strong and stink so much.

A photo of my almost 10 yo Ini mini on top of the run, to make up for the pig talk.
IMG_3921.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom