RIP gizzard the grey 😭

Bartonsfinest

Songster
Jul 13, 2022
Barton Ohio
One of my hens passed away last Friday 😭 I haven't even had her a year yet. Gizzard the grey Friday around 630 pm I put the girls away for the night made sure they had food and gave them fresh water.

All 5 girls were happy and healthy I gave each of them a rub on their chest and said I love you and that I would see them in the morning.

At 1130 My girls were making the worst sound they make there alert call. I ran outside walked in and I could tell something wasn't right. Did a head count and only counted 4 frantically yelling for gizz I looked on the ground and there she was laying under the roost bar not moving.

I picked her up screaming baby what's wrong I knew she was gone. nothing can get into my coop and she has no visible injuries. I buried her next to my hens veggie McMuffin who passed in Nov rip my baby girl you I loved you so much and I really hope you felt and knew how much I loved you

I'm so sorry. There's so much we cannot control about how long our birds may live. Your deep love for her comes across in every word. I'm sure she received happiness, comfort, and security from her bond with you. I agree with Tookie--she was lucky to have been in your care, and I hope you can take comfort in that.

One of my hens passed away last Friday 😭 I haven't even had her a year yet. Gizzard the grey Friday around 630 pm I put the girls away for the night made sure they had food and gave them fresh water.

All 5 girls were happy and healthy I gave each of them a rub on their chest and said I love you and that I would see them in the morning.

At 1130 My girls were making the worst sound they make there alert call. I ran outside walked in and I could tell something wasn't right. Did a head count and only counted 4 frantically yelling for gizz I looked on the ground and there she was laying under the roost bar not moving.

I picked her up screaming baby what's wrong I knew she was gone. nothing can get into my coop and she has no visible injuries. I buried her next to my hens veggie McMuffin who passed in Nov rip my baby girl you I loved you so much and I really hope you felt and knew how much I loved you
I'm so sorry :(:hugs

Back
Top Bottom