RIP Noodles....

DuckFanatic

Songster
13 Years
Jun 15, 2009
AZ
Last night when I was out loving my new horse I heard one of the hens FREAKING out. I glanced over at the coop.. it was too late for them to be singing an egg song.. I didn't see anything. Then the panicked clucking stopped
barnie.gif
..... So I went back to brushing Penny
hu.gif
Later that night my sister and I were setting up a pen for the ducks for the night time. When we came out of the coop my bloodhound was sniffing around in a pile of feathers. I almost kept on walking because there is usually feathers along side the fence of the pen where all of the ducks and hens preen, until I saw something in the dimness. A body. A barred rock body. Noodles!!!
th.gif
hit.gif
She has flown over into our yard a few times but luckily we have found her before the dogs. This time she wasn't so lucky... and I blame myself 100%!!!!!
smack.gif
I heard it all happening, I could have stopped it, we were talking about clipping her wings again because they probably grew out.... it's all my fault!!!
he.gif
hit.gif
rant.gif
When I heard her freaking out she must have realized that she was cornered, trapped... Poor girl!
hit.gif

Don't blame yourself. The same thing happened to me...it is a learning experience...just say a prayer for Noodles and tell her you are sorry...it will be OK
hugs.gif

Its very sad and unfortunate that this happened but you now have learned a hard lesson. You cannot beat yourself up too long over this as we all forget or procrastinate occasionally. I bet you never forget to clip wings again or perhaps you can put netting over their pen? So sorry you lost Noodles
hugs.gif

That is really really sad.
It's okay to blame ourselves when we should. It honors their importance and leads us (hopefully) to do better. That said, it's clear you did not want her to get hurt and had you known it sounds like you would have been on the case lickety split.
I wish I had the power to turn back the clock for you.
JJ

Thanks for the comforting words but I will always blame myself... i'm sort of glad that she wasn't the sweetest hen so I didn't bond too much with her
sad.png
She is the only one of our hens that can get out because she is a barred leghorn and she can fly well. I feel so guilty
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom